Applied Design Project
Applied Design Project 2022-23
School Of Computer Science And Electronic Engineering
Module - Semester 1 & 2
This will be a self-identified design project, agreed with lecturers through the development of a learning contract with defined milestones. The scope of identified project will enable a deeper applied understanding of design processes. Guidance on learning contract writing will include: guidance on identifying the scope of potential innovation and value in an identified project, preparation for identifying assessment milestones and outcome/s, and creating a gap analysis of skills and knowledge to support project. Workshop induction will enable students to prototype confidently and safely in a prototyping workshop environment.
-threshold -50-59% Knowledge of key area/principles. Understands the main elements of the subject area. Limited evidence of background study. Some weaknesses in presentation and accuracy -good -60-69% Strong knowledge • Understands most but not all of the subject area • Evidence of background study. Good presentation with accurate communication -excellent -70% or above. Comprehensive knowledge • Detailed understanding of subject area • Extensive background study. Excellent presentation with very accurate communication
- Demonstrate an understanding of current theoretical and methodological approaches, along with the interrelationship between the specialised field and other relevant disciplines.
- Designs and undertakes substantial investigations to address significant areas of theory and/or practice. Selects appropriate advanced methodological approaches and critically evaluates their effectiveness.
- Develops ideas at a high level of abstraction. Develops critical responses to existing theoretical discourses, methodologies or practices and suggests new concepts or approaches.
- Liaise, co-ordinate and manage resources and professional relationships, demonstrate full accountability for outcomes.
- Operate in complex and unpredictable and/or specialised contexts, requiring selection and application from a wide range of advanced techniques, information sources and data.
Midterm Evaluation Presentation
Final Evaluation Presentation