Dissertation - Strategic Planning
Dissertation - Strategic Planning 2022-23
Ysgol Cyfrifiadureg a Pheirianneg Electronig
Modiwl - Semester 1 a 2
Initial discussion with the student will establish a suitable commercial partner and research proposition. During a series of one to one supervision tutorials students will consider a range of issues relating to their research including: Consideration of key research questions and methods. Literature review and literature analysis related to the research questions. Research methods including ethical considerations. Results and analysis. Relevance and impact of their findings.
-threshold -50-59% An ability to choose a suitable design related subject and to carry out planning and appropriate research, together with some analysis and discussion of the evidence and its implications. Consideration given to planning leading to a satisfactory structure. -good -60-69% Shows good insight, offers sustained and relevant analysis and arguments, well researched and referenced and written with a clear structure and style. -excellent -70% and aboveDemonstrates excellence in power of analysis, argument and originality with use of a wide range of research. Also demonstrates excellent organisation and stylistic quality.
- Demonstrate a deep and systematic understanding within a specialised field of study and its interrelationship with other relevant disciplines.
- Demonstrate mastery of creative and innovative thought processes.
- Demonstrate the ability to undertake critical analysis of complex, incomplete or contradictory evidence, independently.
- Develop the ability to sustain an argument and to communicate persuasively and coherently. Develop critical responses to existing theoretical discourses, methodologies or practices and suggest new concepts or approaches.
- Identify a suitable commercial partner and proposition to research.
- Select and apply appropriate research methods in the chosen area of design, and discuss the ethical dimensions of their research.
Strategic Planning Dissertation