The Money Support Unit is part of the Student Support Team, and the experienced members of staff can provide advice, information and guidance on all aspects of student funding. We want your time at university to be enjoyable and rewarding, and so Bangor University provides its students with the information and support that will enable you to get the best out of your university experience. In particular, it is important that your time here should not be spoiled by unnecessary financial worries.
How we can help you
Worried about the cost of living as a student? Visit our Cost of Living and Money Support page for advice and guidance on keeping your costs down while living as a student.
If you’re worried about money, then the Money Support Unit are here to help. Our advisers can help you
- assess your financial situation and support you in creating a spending budget that will meet your essential needs.
- make sure you are accessing your full Student Finance and Bangor bursary entitlements
- as well as look at ways that you can save on costs.
We have a number of support mechanisms in place to help you with money problems including:
- a means-tested hardship fund and short-term loans.
- Crisis Grants and food vouchers when there is an immediate need.
Whatever your financial worries, our Money Advisers are here to help.
For further Information
- Undergraduate funding for full and part-time courses
- Undergraduate NHS Funded Courses
- Postgraduate funding
- NHS Funding for Diploma of Higher Education and MSc courses
- University Bursaries and Scholarships
- Available Funding for Current Students
- Hardship Fund and Crisis Grant
- Support for Care Experienced Students
- Support for Estranged Students
- Supporting Student Carers
- Support for Students with Children or Adult Dependents
Where to find the Money Support Unit
You’ll find us on the 1st Floor, Neuadd Rathbone, College Road, Bangor, LL57 2DF.
01248 38 3655 / 3637
Are you a Bangor University student based outside of Bangor?
No matter where you study you can access the same support from the Money Support Unit. Just call or email the Unit the first instance and the Advisers will arrange what’s best for you.
We welcome your feedback
We welcome your feedback. If you have any feedback, please contact one of the following:
|Head of Student Support & Wellbeing
|Student Support Manager