2024-25 Financial Support for New Full Time Undergraduate students from England Tuition Fee Costs
Tuition Fee Costs
- Tuition Fees for 2023-24 are £9,250 - we awaiting confirmation of the 2024-25 tuition fee
- Payment of tuition fees can be deferred until after you finish your studies, if you opt to take out a Tuition Fee Loan.
- The Tuition Fee Loan is available regardless of family income. However Students who have previously studied at Higher Education level should contact Student Finance England to check their entitlement.
- Alternatively, you can pay your fees whilst you study. For further information on how you can pay your tuition fees, if you choose to do so, or any other university fees such as accommodation please visit the Finance Office.
Financing your Living Costs
- A Maintenance Loan is available to help you pay for living expenses such as accommodation, food, books, clothes and travel. This money comes from the Government via the Student Loans Company.
- How much you will receive with be based on where you will live whilst you study and your taxable household income.
Maintenance Loan Entitlement Table
Taxable Household Income
£25,000 or under
£62,343 or above
How and When to apply
- You can apply for the Tuition Fee Loan and Maintenance Loan by completing one application form called a PN1.
- The application form can be completed on-line or downloaded from this website gov.uk/student-finance
- Application form for 2023-24 are available now.
- Application forms for 2024-25 will be available in March 2024
- You are advised to complete the form as soon as possible so that the financial assessment is completed well before your course starts in September 2024.
- PLEASE DO NOT WAIT UNTIL YOU HAVE RECEIVED A CONFIRMED PLACE AT BANGOR UNIVERSITY
Repayment of Maintenance and Tuition Fee Loans
- Loans have to be repaid once you leave your course and start earning more than repayment threshold of £25,000 a year..
- Deductions are usually made through the PAYE tax system by your employer in the same way as tax and National Insurance contributions.
- For further information, please visit the following Student Loan Company website: studentloanrepayment.co.uk
If you have previously studied a higher education course (HNC, NHD etc) , your entitlement to student finance may be affected. We recommend that you contact Student Finance England Student Finance England or the Money Support Unit at Bangor University for further details as soon as you have decided to apply to University.
Students with children or adult dependents can click on the link below for specific funding information: