Examination Arrangements May 2022
Please see the exam timetable page for more detail, and dates / times of your exams.
If you have a query regarding a specific module/assessment please contact the Module Organizer.
All exams that have been centrally scheduled will be released via Blackboard. The ‘open’ period allows longer to complete the work than you will need, but allows students some flexibility around their circumstances at this time.
The new format of these exams has been designed to be inclusive, and so many individual adjustments (e.g. extra time, use of computer, exam support room etc.), are no longer necessary. If you usually have extra time and / or rest breaks, please take these during the 'open' period as required.
If you feel that the new format of these assessments is not accessible to you, please contact Disability Services to discuss this as soon as possible.
Marking considerations (Yellow Slip)
Bangor University students with a Specific Learning Difference (SpLD), who are registered with Disability Services and have a Personal Learning Support Plan in place, are offered the reasonable adjustment of a yellow slip. Please remember to copy and paste a yellow slip into each exam script before you submit (you can find your yellow slip in your PLSP: if you are unsure how to do this, please see Marking Considerations (Yellow Slips) for further guidance).
Good practice for this format of assessment:
- Prepare as you would for a standard exam.
- If you have IT / connectivity issues, please contact the IT Services Helpdesk; they can help resolve issues remotely (email from your Uni email address if possible, and include a contact telephone number).
- If IT issues cannot be resolved, you will be able to request a First Sit or Alternative Arrangements – see below.
- Decide what time you will stop for the day to ensure that you get adequate rest.
- Don’t leave it until the last minute to submit the work, in case of technical / connectivity difficulties on the day. Consider submitting in the evening (even though the deadline will be 8.59am), as this could allow better rest overnight.
What if I can’t sit the exam at the time it is released?
This could be for a range of reasons, including internet connectivity / technical issues, illness and self-isolation. If you are unable to complete the exam at the time it is released, please use the Request Centre to ask for a First Sit or Alternative Arrangements’. If you are unable to access the Request Centre, call 01248 388400 during weekdays 10-12 and 2-4 so that staff can help you.