Following an announcement from the government, it has been confirmed that EU nationals in Wales in 2020/21 will be eligible to pay the same tuition fees as Welsh students and eligible to receive the tuition fee loan and/or grants from Student Finance Wales. The fee status and loan support will remain for the duration of study. For further details please check the Student Finance Wales website.
The financial support available to students from other EU countries is different to students from Wales, England, Northern Ireland and Scotland. For clarification on who counts as an EU or 'home' student please visit the following Student Finance Wales website.
Tuition Fee costs for UK and EU students
- For 2020/21, Bangor University will charge a tuition fee of £9,000 a year for a full time undergraduate degree courses.
- Payment of tuition fees can be deferred until after you finish your studies, if you opt to take out a Tuition Fee Loan. Alternatively, you pay your fees whilst you study.
- A Tuition Fee Loan has to be repaid once you leave your course and start earning more than £26,575 a year (from 6th of April 2020). Deductions are usually made through the PAYE tax system by your employer in the same way as tax and National Insurance contributions. You will make repayments at a rate of 9% of any amount that you earn above £26,575 a year (from 6th of April 2020). For further information, please visit the following website: www.studentloanrepayment.co.uk.
Add How and When to Apply for Student Finance
- To apply for a Tuition Fee Loan, will complete an EU20N application form.
- This form can be download from the Gov.uk website:
- Application forms are available now.
- You are advised to complete the form as soon as possible so that the financial assessment is completed well before your course starts in September 2020.
PLEASE DO NOT WAIT UNTIL YOU HAVE RECEIVED A CONFIRMED PLACE AT BANGOR UNIVERSITY BEFORE APPLYING FOR YOUR FUNDING.
Support towards living costs
We advise students to get in contact with their Education Authority in the country they usually live in to see if there is any funding available.
Bursaries and Scholarships
Visit this web page for further information about our bursaries and scholarships.
To apply for the Bangor Bursary you must have completed a bursary form EU20B’
- Telephone the Student Finance Services Non UK Team for EU20B form.
- Telephone number: (+44) (0) 141 243 3570