- What is counselling?
- Who are we?
- What do we offer?
- Making an appointment/Registering On-line
- How to find us / opening times
- Workshops, Courses, Groups and Lectures Programme
- Other emergency and support services
- Accessing your Records
- Equality Statement
- Worried about Someone
- What Students say about our Service
- External Services for Vacation Periods
Welcome to the Student Counselling Website
- The Student Counselling Service offers a variety of resources to support students during their time at University. We would encourage students who are seeking support to look at our Self-Help resources in the first instance – these include ‘Self-Help links, podcasts and APPS’ and ‘Information Handouts’ on a variety of topics.
- The Service offers groups and workshops for students throughout the academic year including iCan Building Resilience workshops and Mindfulness Taster sessions on Wednesday afternoons.
- The Service offers the opportunity to talk through personal and troubling issues in a safe, confidential environment with a professional, trained counsellor.
- Details of how to access all of our services including Support Sessions and Registration is provided within the MENU on this homepage.
- The Service can offer training and support to relevant staff to develop their understanding of mental health issues and their responses to students with difficulties.
The current waiting time for an Assessment Appointment is 5-7 working days.
The University Student Counselling Service is a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and as such adheres to their policies on confidentiality and data protection.
Watch our video
Our Location is:
Student Counselling Service
Please contact our Administrator on 01248 388520 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for appointment information
Please see the online location map for Neuadd Rathbone (No 70).
For Students based in the Wrexham area, click here for information on accessing a Counselling Service through the Glyndwr University
For all emergencies, please refer to our list of emergency contacts or visit your GP.
Aims and Objectives
To view our full Service aims and objectives, click here
We welcome your feedback
We would welcome your feedback about the service received, to enable us to develop and provide the best possible service now and in the future.
Please contact one of the following with your comments:
|Maria Lorenzini||Director of Student Services|
|Kate Tindle||Head of Counselling Service|
Click here to see how we improve your services