- What is counselling?
- Who are we?
- What do we offer?
- Support Sessions
- Workshop Programme
- Making an appointment
- How to find us / opening times
- Other emergency and support services
- Accessing your Records
- Equality Statement
- Worried about Someone
- What Students say about our Service
- Self-help links, Podcasts and APPS
- Calm U - External Self-help Program
- Information Handouts
Other emergency and support services
Bangor University Policing Team
North Wales GP Out of Hours Service
For medical care when the GP Surgery is closed 0300 123 55 66 (weekdays 6.30 p.m. - 8.00 a.m., Saturdays, Sundays & Bank Holidays)
Drop-in Centre during the day, 5A Llys Onnen, Parc Menai, Bangor
Phone: 116 123(National telephone service 24 hours - will not appear on telephone bill) 01248 674 985 (Bangor Branch)
You don't have to be feeling suicidal to ring the Samaritans
Availability to anyone who has been a victim of crime.
Open between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.
Phone: 0845 6 121 900 / 01492 530600 (local contact)
- Gwynedd Mental Health Team - appointments can be made via GP on 01248 363470
- Psychiatric Services - Evening and Weekends, Hergest Unit, Ysbyty Gwynedd - 01248 384384
- Social Services Duty Officer - 01286 675502
UK resources and support for those dealing with suicide, depression or emotional distress – particularly teenagers and young adults. http://www.papyrus.org.uk/
Connecting with People
A valuable link for people who may be at risk of self harm www.connectingwithpeople.org
Get Connected is a free, confidential helpline service for young people under 25 who need help, but don't know where to turn www.getconnected.org.uk/