The Student Housing Office
Looking for a house? Look no further!
The Student Housing Office deals with privately rented accommodation. Visit our Studentpad website where you can search our database for your ideal property to rent - new properties added daily!
The University's Student Housing Office will be working with the Students’ Union on the annual housing campaign in October 2022 to give you all the information you need about house hunting. So look out for us!
Find out about the Students’ Union Landlord Awards.
Students with Families
Information for students with families can be found here:
www.bangor.ac.uk/international/support/families (International Student Support)
Students based outside of Bangor
- If you wish to contact the Bangor Student Housing Office, you may find it easier to contact us by telephone/email/Microsoft Teams.
- You can also access Housing Advice and Useful Links via the website, which includes lots of helpful information.
- If you are looking for accommodation outside of the Bangor area, you can contact letting agencies in the relevant areas, to find listings of available accommodation. Shelter has some useful information on how to find a place to rent privately and what to consider when thinking about where to rent:
- Wales: https://sheltercymru.org.uk/housing-advice/finding-a-place-to-live/renting-privately/how-to-find-a-place-to-rent-privately/
- England: https://england.shelter.org.uk/housing_advice/private_renting/how_to_rent_from_a_private_landlord_or_letting_agent/where_to_look_for_properties
- Local areas outside of Bangor
- Details of bus timetables for Bangor and other local areas (e.g. Y Felinheli, Caernarfon, Bethesda, Anglesey (such as Menai Bridge and Beaumaris), Llanfairfechan, Penmaenmawr, Conwy, Llandudno) can be found here:
- Gwynedd Council www.gwynedd.llyw.cymru/en/Residents/Parking-roads-and-travel/Bus-timetables/Bus-timetables.aspx
- Anglesey Council www.anglesey.gov.wales/en/Residents/Parking-roads-and-travel/Travel/Bus-timetables.aspx
- You can plan your journey or see what public transport options are available to you on the following website: Traveline Cymru - Journey Planning Wales
- Glyndŵr University have kindly agreed that our Wrexham-based students can look at their private accommodation listings, which can be found here.
- Advice from Wrexham Council for private tenants, including information on finding a place to rent: www.wrexham.gov.uk/service/private-housing/information-private-tenants
- Trains are usually regular between Bangor and Chester. Information on train times and planning a train journey can be found here: https://tfw.wales/plan-a-journey
- You can find advice for tenants on the Cheshire West and Chester Council website here: www.cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk/residents/housing/private-rented-sector
- Please note that housing legislation will differ greatly between England and Wales. Advice on private renting can be found here: www.gov.uk/private-renting
Where to find us...
You can find the Student Housing Office on the first floor of Neuadd Rathbone, College Road, Bangor, LL57 2DF.
We are open daily Monday to Friday between 9 am and 4.30 pm.
We welcome your feedback
We would welcome your feedback about the service received, to enable us to develop and provide the best possible service now and in the future.
Please contact one of the following with your comments:
|Gian Fazey-Koven||Head of Student Support & Well-being|
|Danielle Barnard||Student Support Manager|