Changing course within Bangor
If you want to change to another course at Bangor University you need to approach the Director of the course you wish to transfer to, whether it is within your current School or another one. This is to see if there are places on that course and whether they are prepared to accept you. This done, you will need to complete a Change of Degree Request via the Request Centre on MyBangor.
Changing course is not normally permitted once 4 weeks of semester one have elapsed.
If you are a Tier 4 student and wish to change your course to another academic School in Bangor then it is likely that you will need to return home and re-apply to both the University and to the Home Office for a new Visa. The Home Office rules only allow students to change courses if you meet all of the following criteria:
- your sponsor is an Higher Education Provider (HEP) with Tier 4 Sponsor status;
- your sponsor has a track record of compliance
- your new course is at degree level or above;
- your new course is not at a lower level than the current course;
- you will be able to complete your new course within your current period of leave;
- if you have previously been granted Tier 4 (General) leave, your sponsor confirms either of the following:
- - your new course is related to the previous course for which you were granted leave as a Tier 4 (General) Student, meaning that it is either connected to your previous course, part of the same subject group, or involves deeper specialisation
- - your previous course and your new course in combination support your genuine career aspirations.
However, if you wish to change courses within the same School/Discipline then please following the process for Change of Course.
If you require any further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.