Enterprise by Design
Rhedir gan School of Computer Science and Electronic Engineering
20.000 Credyd neu 10.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Dr Iestyn Pierce
Enterprise by Design teaches students skills and techniques for successful development of new products and systems in an interdisciplinary context. Students will work in multidisciplinary teams to co-develop fitness criteria and solutions for a real-world problem. By alternating between group work conducted in discipline-specific and interdisciplinary teams students will develop a shared understanding of the user’s needs and build and illustrate that understanding through the co-development of prototypes.
Students will attend workshops in both discipline-specific and multidisciplinary groups culminating in the Enterprise by Design Final Presentation where they will present their product idea at a public pitch event, together with a showcase of project prototypes and artefacts at the associated exhibition.
Equivalent to 40%. Uses key areas of theory or knowledge to meet the Learning Outcomes of the module. Is able to formulate an appropriate solution to accurately solve tasks and questions. Can identify individual aspects, but lacks an awareness of links between them and the wider contexts. Outputs can be understood, but lack structure and/or coherence.
Equivalent to the range 70%+. Assemble critically evaluated, relevent areas of knowledge and theory to constuct professional-level solutions to tasks and questions presented. Is able to cross-link themes and aspects to draw considered conclusions. Presents outputs in a cohesive, accurate, and efficient manner.
Equivalent to the range 60%-69%. Is able to analyse a task or problem to decide which aspects of theory and knowledge to apply. Solutions are of a workable quality, demonstrating understanding of underlying principles. Major themes can be linked appropriately but may not be able to extend this to individual aspects. Outputs are readily understood, with an appropriate structure but may lack sophistication.
Identify, explore and interpret a real-world problem, and its context, that could be solved by a creative technological intervention.
Reflect upon, critically evaluate and appraise, and defend the decisions made, for the chosen and implemented solution.
Deliver and present prototypes illustrating aspects of the final product.
Compare and contrast alternative solutions to the identified problem collaborating with a inter-disciplinary team to produce a design.
|Artefact Portfolio inc. Prototypes||40.00|
|Discipline-Specific Evaluative Report||20.00|
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Workshop for discipline-specific discussions.
|Practical classes and workshops||
Group activity to produce the prototypes and solution, conducted in discipline specific and inter-disciplinary sessions.
Independent private study, contributing towards the shared goal.
Self-directed group work to deliver the product.
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Ymwybyddiaeth o ddiogelwch - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch amgylchedd a hyder o ran cadw at reoliadau iechyd a diogelwch
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
- Gofalu - Dangos consyrn am eraill; gofalu am blant, pobl ag anableddau ac/neu'r henoed
- Rheloaeth - Gallu defnyddio, cydlynu a rheoli adnoddau (dynol, ffisegol ac/neu ariannol)
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
- Arweinyddiaeth - Gallu arwain a rheoli, datblygu cynlluniau gweithredu ac amcanion, cynnig arweiniad a chyfarwyddyd i eraill, ac ymdopi â'r pwysau sy'n gysylltiedig ag awdurdod o'r fath
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Identify emerging technologies and technology trends;
- Apply an understanding and appreciation of continuous improvement techniques
- Apply underpinning concepts and ideas of engineering;
- Assess and choose optimal methods and approaches for the specification, design, implementation and evaluation of engineering solutions, especially ones that include embedded microprocessors
- Formulate and analyse requirements and practical constraints of products, processes and services, place them in an engineering context and manage their implementation;
- Solve problems logically and systematically;
- Assess and choose optimal methods and approaches for the specification, design, implementation and evaluation of engineering solutions.
- Systematically review factors affecting the implementation of a project, including safety and sustainability;
- Plan, budget, organise and manage people and resources;
- Agree objectives and work plans with individuals;
- Appreciate the importance of designing products with due regard to good laboratory practice, health and safety considerations and ethical issues.
- Access and synthesize information and literature sources;
- Use both verbal and written communication skills to different target audiences;
- Communicate proposals persuasively and respond positively to feedback;
- Demonstrate familiarity with relevant subject specific and general computer software packages.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the need to work safely and comply within relevant legislative and regulatory frameworks;
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Opsiynol mewn cyrsiau:
- H612: BEng Computer Systs Eng (3 yrs) year 3 (BENG/CSE)
- H61B: BEng Computer Sys Engineering (4yr with Incorp Foundation) year 3 (BENG/CSE1)
- H610: BENG Electronic Engineering (3 yrs) year 3 (BENG/ELE)
- H62B: BEng Electronic Engineering (4yr with Incorp Foundation) year 3 (BENG/ELE1)
- H61F: BEng Electronic Engineering year 3 (BENG/ELEF)
- H621: BEng Electronic Engineering with International Experience year 4 (BENG/ELEIE)
- H611: BSc Electronic Engineering year 3 (BSC/ELE)
- H63B: BSc Electronic Engineering (4yr with Incorp Foundation) year 3 (BSC/ELE1)
- H622: BSc Electronic Engineering with International Experience year 4 (BSC/ELEIE)
- H617: MEng Computer Systs Eng (4 yrs) year 3 (MENG/CSE)
- H601: MEng Electronic Engineering (4 yrs) year 3 (MENG/EE)