Tutorials in Management
Rhedir gan Bangor Business School
20.000 Credyd neu 10.000 Credyd ECTS
Semester 1 a 2
Trefnydd: Mr Stephen Jones
The purpose of this module is to introduce students to a range of skills that are necessary for their development into confident and self-sufficient learners. The module will also encourage wider reading and research in the area of Management.
The module will be based around weekly sessions where students are introduced to generic academic skills and fortnightly tutorials where these skills will be applied in the context of Management. The generic skills will include note taking in lectures and seminars; IT skills (including internet, e-mail and Blackboard); the sourcing of information (including library, databases and search engines); the use and interpretation of evidence (including quotation, citation and plagiarism); essay preparation and writing (including the development of academic argument); oral presentation; and group work.
A- to A+ (70%+): Outstanding performance. The relevant information accurately deployed. Excellent grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practice elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Strong evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
C- i C+
C- to C+ (50-59%): Much of the relevant information and skills mostly accurately deployed. Adequate grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Fair integration of theory/practice/information in the pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Some evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
B- to B+ (60-69%): Most of the relevant information accurately deployed. Good grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
D- to D+ (40-49%): No major omissions or inaccuracies in the deployment of information/skills. Some grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Integration of theory/practice/information present intermittently in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives.
Write well-structured essays, with a logical line of argument, drawing upon appropriate evidence from robust sources.
Communicate ideas clearly and confidently in oral form.
Develop the ability to find materials relevant to particular issues and to appraise their provenance and limitations.
Summarise, precis and abstract longer academic papers or journal articles in the field of Management.
Develop confidence and competence in a range of learning processes.
|Portfolio Semester 1||50.00|
|Portfolio for Semester 2||50.00|
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Fortnightly generic skills sessions (1 hour each)
Fortnightly tutorials (10 x 2 hours) on fields of business and management
Regular tasks will be assigned during tutorials, contributing towards the assessment portfolio.
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- People management: to include communications, team building, leadership and motivating others.
- Problem solving and critical analysis: analysing facts and circumstances to determine the cause of a problem and identifying and selecting appropriate solutions.
- Research: the ability to analyse and evaluate a range of business data, sources of information and appropriate methodologies, which includes the need for strong digital literacy, and to use that research for evidence-based decision-making.
- Innovation, creativity and enterprise: the ability to act entrepreneurially to generate, develop and communicate ideas, manage and exploit intellectual property, gain support, and deliver successful outcomes.
- Numeracy: the use of quantitative skills to manipulate data, evaluate, estimate and model business problems, functions and phenomena.
- Ability to work with people from a range of cultures.
- Articulating and effectively explaining information.
- Building and maintaining relationships.
- Communication and listening including the ability to produce clear, structured business communications in a variety of media.
- Emotional intelligence and empathy.
- Conceptual and critical thinking, analysis, synthesis and evaluation.
- Self-management: a readiness to accept responsibility and flexibility, to be resilient, self-starting and appropriately assertive, to plan, organise and manage time.
- Self reflection: self-analysis and an awareness/sensitivity to diversity in terms of people and cultures. This includes a continuing appetite for development.
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- NQ26: BA Astudiaethau Busnes a Chymraeg year 1 (BA/ABCH)
- N2MB: BA Business Man & Law (4 year with Incorp Foundation) year 1 (BA/BML1)
- N1R1: BA Bus Stud with French year 1 (BA/BSFR)
- N1R2: BA Business Studies with German year 1 (BA/BSGER)
- N1R3: BA Business Studies with Italian year 1 (BA/BSIT)
- N1R4: BA Business Studies with Spanish year 1 (BA/BSSP)
- N107: BA Business year 1 (BA/BUS)
- NM11: BA Business and Law year 1 (BA/BUSALAW)
- N1T1: BA Business Studies and Chinese year 1 (BA/BUSCH)
- NM1B: BA Business and Law (4 year with Incorporated Foundation) year 1 (BA/BUSLAW1)
- NR1C: BA Business Studies/French year 1 (BA/BUSSF)
- NR1F: BA Business Studies and German year 1 (BA/BUSSG)
- NR1H: BA Business Studies and Italian year 1 (BA/BUSSI)
- NR1K: BA Business Studies and Spanish year 1 (BA/BUSSS)
- R2NC: BA German with Business Studies year 1 (BA/GBS)
- R4N1: BA Spanish with Business Studies year 1 (BA/SPBS)
- N2NF: BSc Business Man with Account (4 yr with Incorp Foundation) year 1 (BSC/BMA1)
- N3NF: BSc Business Management with Accounting year 1 (BSC/BMAF)
- N2NP: BSc Business Management with Accounting with Placement Year year 1 (BSC/BMAP)
- NN2B: BSc Business Man & Finance (4 year with Incorp Foundation) year 1 (BSC/BMF1)
- NN2F: BSc Business Management and Finance year 1 (BSC/BMFINF)
- NN2P: Business Management and Finance with Placement Year year 1 (BSC/BMFP)
- N2NC: BSc Business Man & Marketing (4 yr with Incorp Foundation) year 1 (BSC/BMM1)
- N5NF: BSc Business Management and Marketing year 1 (BSC/BMMF)
- N5NP: BSc Business Management and Marketing with Placement Year year 1 (BSC/BMMP)
- N101: BSc Business Studies year 1 (BSC/BS)
- N10B: BSc Business Studies (4 year with Incorporated Foundation) year 1 (BSC/BS1)
- NN1H: BSc Business Studies and Finance year 1 (BSC/BSFIN)
- NN1J: BSc Business Studies and Finance (4 year with Incorp Found) year 1 (BSC/BSFIN1)
- NNM1: BSc Business Studies & Marketing with Intl Experience year 1 (BSC/BSMIE)
- NN1M: BSc Business Studies and Marketing year 1 (BSC/BSMKT)
- NN1K: BSc Business Studies & Marketing (4 year with Incorp Found) year 1 (BSC/BSMKT1)