Rhedir gan Bangor Business School
20.000 Credydau neu 10.000 Credyd ECTS
Semester 1 a 2
Trefnydd: Dr Charlotte Rimmer
This module provides an introduction to the objectives and nature of marketing as a business function. The central focus is on the process by which organisations identify customer needs and wants, determine which target markets can best be served and design appropriate programmes to serve these markets. Marketing is both a core business function and an organisation-wide philosophy. The marketing concept goes to the heart of an organisation’s need to articulate and pursue objectives, whilst generating value for its different stakeholders.
The module emphasises the concept of customer value; it also explores and evaluates the decisions and approaches available to organisations for delivering customer value. This includes consideration of the various elements of the marketing mix, such as the role of product, brand, price, promotion, place and people.
Marketing environment, Marketing Research,
Differentiation [segmentation, targeting, positioning],
Consumers’ buying behaviour and the decision process,
Marketing strategy and its implementation,
Ethics, the Global Market Place,
Customers relationships and value,
Marketing of services;
Creating Comparative Advantage
D- to D+ (40-49%): No major omissions or inaccuracies in the deployment of information/skills. Some grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Integration of theory/practice/information present intermittently in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives.
B- to B+ (60-69%): Very good performance Most of the relevant information accurately deployed. Good grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
A- to A+ (70%+): Outstanding performance. The relevant information accurately deployed. Excellent grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practice elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Strong evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
C- i C+
C- to C+ (50-59%): Much of the relevant information and skills mostly accurately deployed. Adequate grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Fair integration of theory/practice/information in the pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Some evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
Appraise the main components of a marketing strategy
Understand the main traits of consumer buying behaviour and their impact
Locate and analyse information about organisations and their marketing activities
Understand the key concepts in marketing, such as segmentation and targeting
Display an understanding of the ever-changing nature of the marketing environment and how this impacts on marketing activities
|INDIVIDUAL BLOG||Individual Assignment||
Create 5 blog posts (300 words each) and submit as one document. You should create these based on topics covered over semester 1. Apply knowledge learnt during semester 1 to a business of your choice.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
this will include directed reading form prescribed text book as well as other recommended reading from other sources, including journals. In addition research to complete course work assignments and general revision for end of module examination
2 x 1 hour lectures to be held weekly throughout Semester 1 and Semester 2
a 1 hour fortnightly tutorial to discuss in more detail particular aspects of the work and to examine case studies in order to apply concepts
- Literacy - Proficiency in reading and writing through a variety of media
- Numeracy - Proficiency in using numbers at appropriate levels of accuracy
- Computer Literacy - Proficiency in using a varied range of computer software
- Self-Management - Able to work unsupervised in an efficient, punctual and structured manner. To examine the outcomes of tasks and events, and judge levels of quality and importance
- Exploring - Able to investigate, research and consider alternatives
- Information retrieval - Able to access different and multiple sources of information
- Inter-personal - Able to question, actively listen, examine given answers and interact sentistevely with others
- Critical analysis & Problem Solving - Able to deconstruct and analyse problems or complex situations. To find solutions to problems through analyses and exploration of all possibilities using appropriate methods, rescources and creativity.
- Argument - Able to put forward, debate and justify an opinion or a course of action, with an individual or in a wider group setting
- Self-awareness & Reflectivity - Having an awareness of your own strengths, weaknesses, aims and objectives. Able to regularly review, evaluate and reflect upon the performance of yourself and others
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Problem solving and critical analysis: analysing facts and circumstances to determine the cause of a problem and identifying and selecting appropriate solutions.
- Research: the ability to analyse and evaluate a range of business data, sources of information and appropriate methodologies, which includes the need for strong digital literacy, and to use that research for evidence-based decision-making.
- Numeracy: the use of quantitative skills to manipulate data, evaluate, estimate and model business problems, functions and phenomena.
- Networking: an awareness of the interpersonal skills of effective listening, negotiating, persuasion and presentation and their use in generating business contacts.
- Ability to work collaboratively both internally and with external customers and an awareness of mutual interdependence.
- Ability to work with people from a range of cultures.
- Articulating and effectively explaining information.
- Communication and listening including the ability to produce clear, structured business communications in a variety of media.
- Conceptual and critical thinking, analysis, synthesis and evaluation.
- Self-management: a readiness to accept responsibility and flexibility, to be resilient, self-starting and appropriately assertive, to plan, organise and manage time.
- Self reflection: self-analysis and an awareness/sensitivity to diversity in terms of people and cultures. This includes a continuing appetite for development.
Rhestr ddarllen Talishttp://readinglists.bangor.ac.uk/modules/asb-1600.html
Principles of Marketing [7th European edition ] Kotler, Armstrong, Harris & Piercy cyhoeddwyr; Pearson
Rhagofynion a Chydofynion
Rhagofynnol ar gyfer:
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- N107: BA Business year 1 (BA/BUS)
- R1N1: BA French with Marketing year 1 (BA/FRMKT)
- R2N1: BA German with Marketing year 1 (BA/GERMKT)
- N5R3: BA Marketing with Italian year 1 (BA/MKITAL)
- N5R1: BA Marketing with French year 1 (BA/MKTFR)
- NR51: BA Marketing and French (4 year) year 1 (BA/MKTFR#)
- N5R6: Marketing with French with International Experience year 1 (BA/MKTFRIE)
- N5R2: BA Marketing with German year 1 (BA/MKTGER)
- NR52: BA Marketing and German (4 year) year 1 (BA/MKTGER4)
- NR53: BA Marketing and Italian (4 year) year 1 (BA/MKTITAL)
- NR54: BA Marketing and Spanish (4 year) year 1 (BA/MKTSP)
- N5R4: BA Marketing with Spanish year 1 (BA/MKTSP#)
- R4N5: BA Spanish with Marketing year 1 (BA/SPMKT)
- N200: BSc Business Management year (BSC/BM)
- N20B: BSc Business Management (4 year with Incorp Foundation) year 1 (BSC/BM1)
- N20F: BSc Business Management year 1 (BSC/BMFF)
- N2N5: BSc Business Management and Marketing year 1 (BSC/BMM)
- N2NC: BSc Business Man & Marketing (4 yr with Incorp Foundation) year 1 (BSC/BMM1)
- N5NF: BSc Business Management and Marketing year 1 (BSC/BMMF)
- N5NP: BSc Business Management and Marketing with Placement Year year 1 (BSC/BMMP)
- N20P: BSc Business Management with Placement Year year 1 (BSC/BMPP)
- N101: BSc Business Studies year 1 (BSC/BS)
- N10B: BSc Business Studies (4 year with Incorporated Foundation) year 1 (BSC/BS1)
- NNM1: BSc Business Studies & Marketing with Intl Experience year 1 (BSC/BSMIE)
- NN1M: BSc Business Studies and Marketing year 1 (BSC/BSMKT)
- NN1K: BSc Business Studies & Marketing (4 year with Incorp Found) year 1 (BSC/BSMKT1)
- N5C8: BSc Marketing with Psychology year 1 (BSC/MP)
- C6N5: BSc Sport Science & Marketing year 1 (BSC/SSM)
- CN5P: Sport Science and Marketing with Placement Year year 1 (BSC/SSMP)
Opsiynol mewn cyrsiau:
- NR43: BA Accounting/Italian year 1 (BA/AIT)
- NR44: BA Accounting/Spanish year 1 (BA/ASP)
- N1R1: BA Bus Stud with French year 1 (BA/BSFR)
- N1R2: BA Business Studies with German year 1 (BA/BSGER)
- N1R3: BA Business Studies with Italian year 1 (BA/BSIT)
- N1R4: BA Business Studies with Spanish year 1 (BA/BSSP)
- NR41: BA French/Accounting year 1 (BA/FRA)
- NR42: BA German/Accounting year 1 (BA/GA)
- N109: BSc Bus Analytics w Financial Tech year 1 (BSC/BAFT)
- L190: BSc Business Economics year 1 (BSC/BEC)
- L19B: BSc Business Economics (4 year with Incorporated Foundation) year 1 (BSC/BEC1)
- L19F: BSc Business and Economics year 1 (BSC/BECF)
- L191: BSc Business Economics with International Experience year 1 (BSC/BECIE)
- L19P: BSc Business Economics with Placement Year year 1 (BSC/BECP)
- 8V55: BSc Banking and Finance (with International Experience) year 1 (BSC/BFIE)
- N391: BSc Banking and Finance year 1 (BSC/BFIN)
- N39B: BSc Banking and Finance (4 year w Incorporated Foundation) year 1 (BSC/BFIN1)
- N39F: Banking and Finance year 1 (BSC/BFINF)
- N39P: BSc Banking and Finance with Placement Year year 1 (BSC/BFINP)
- N2ND: BSc Business Management with Accounting year 1 (BSC/BMA)
- N2NF: BSc Business Man with Account (4 yr with Incorp Foundation) year 1 (BSC/BMA1)
- N3NF: BSc Business Management with Accounting year 1 (BSC/BMAF)
- N2NP: BSc Business Management with Accounting with Placement Year year 1 (BSC/BMAP)
- NN23: BSc Business Management and Finance year 1 (BSC/BMF)
- NN2B: BSc Business Man & Finance (4 year with Incorp Foundation) year 1 (BSC/BMF1)
- NN2F: BSc Business Management and Finance year 1 (BSC/BMFINF)
- NN2P: Business Management and Finance with Placement Year year 1 (BSC/BMFP)
- NBR1: BSc Business Management with French year 1 (BSC/BMFR)
- NBR2: BSc Business Management with German year 1 (BSC/BMG)
- NBR3: BSc Business Management with Italian year 1 (BSC/BMI)
- NBR4: BSc Business Management with Spanish year 1 (BSC/BMS)
- NN1H: BSc Business Studies and Finance year 1 (BSC/BSFIN)
- NN1J: BSc Business Studies and Finance (4 year with Incorp Found) year 1 (BSC/BSFIN1)
- L112: BSc Financial Economics with International Experience year 1 (BSC/FEIE)
- L111: BSc Financial Economics year 1 (BSC/FINEC)
- L11B: BSc Financial Economics (4 year w Incorporated Foundation) year 1 (BSC/FINEC1)
- L11F: BSc Financial Economics year 1 (BSC/FINECF)
- L11P: BSc Financial Economics with Placement Year year 1 (BSC/FINECP)