Digital Marketing Essentials
Digital Marketing Essentials 2022-23
Bangor Business School
Module - Semester 2
The module covers a broad range of topics to provide an overview of digital marketing. The fundamentals of digital marketing are introduced, and the analysis of the online marketplace and digital macro-environment covered. The process of developing data-driven digital marketing strategy is then explored with a focus on the selection of appropriate digital media, specification of the marketing mix, and the use of relationship marketing on digital platforms. The use of big data analytics is also examined.
-threshold -D- to D+ (40-49%): No major omissions or inaccuracies in the deployment of information/skills. Some grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Integration of theory/practice/information present intermittently in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. -good -B- to B+ (60-69%): Most of the relevant information accurately deployed. Good grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills. -excellent -A- to A (70% +):* Outstanding performance. The relevant information accurately deployed. Excellent grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practice elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Strong evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills. -another level-C- to C+ (50-59%): Much of the relevant information and skills mostly accurately deployed. Adequate grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Fair integration of theory/practice/information in the pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Some evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
- Apply digital marketing principles and techniques to real world organisations.
- Appreciate the strategic options available to marketers when developing digital marketing strategies.
- Clearly communicate digital marketing ideas, grounded in theory, to a specific audience.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively apply digital marketing tools and techniques to measure the performance of digital marketing activity.
- Differentiate between effective and ineffective applications of digital marketing.
- Understand the role of digital marketing in marketing strategy.
Blogs: Two 500-word blogs are to be written on different aspects of digital marketing. Each blog should use a digital marketing theory or principle as a base and be written for a non-academic audience.
Exam (Centrally Scheduled)
MCQ: 4 tests each of 15 minutes and each comprised of a random set of 15 MCQs.
A report (2,500 word count) outlining and evaluating the digital marketing strategy of a specified organisation.