Advanced Corporate Finance
Rhedir gan Bangor Business School - (Changsha)
20.000 Credyd neu 10.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Ms Wendy Ashurst
To advance knowledge and understanding of corporate finance, with particular emphasis on corporate governance and options.
The module examines the theory and practice of corporate investment and financial decisions. Topics include: mean-variance analysis, option pricing, capital structure, dividend policy, efficient capital markets, agency theory, mergers and restructuring. Particular emphasis will be placed on topical areas within corporate governance and investments.
Excellent grasp of the concepts and techniques together with significant evidence of engagement and understanding of the research papers in this area.
Clear understanding of the subject, together with evidence of investigation and understanding of the research literature, but with some theoretical or practical minor errors.
Demonstration of the required knowledge and techniques but with significant mistakes and little development of the subject beyond lecture material.
Apply insights from corporate finance theory through case studies.
Demonstrate knowledge and awareness of corporate finance issues by examining both empirical and theoretical research.
|ADDRODDIAD||Group Report 3000 words||
Students are divided in groups of 4 to 5. They are required to answer 5 questions related to an ongoing real-life corporate case (eg merger). Typical questions would focus on share price reactions of companies involved in the merger (i.e. acquirer and target), regulatory restrictions, political factors, the type of merger and other merger-related issues. All 5 questions have the same weight in the final assessment. The reports are also expected to include a brief introduction and conclusion. While the students are not restricted in their choice of research sources, some links to stories in the Financial Times are provided in the assignment description.
|ARHOLIAD||Exam S2 2.5 hours||
The exam paper is the mix of MCQs and open ended questions. There are 30 compulsory MCQs and 3 open ended questions from each semester of which the students are required to do 1 (total - 2). The questions cover all topics covered in Semester 1 and 2. No topic is usually given a priority. The MCQs have 4 possible choices of answer, with only one being the correct one. No marks are deducted for incorrect answers. The open ended questions are usually a mix of numerical and essay-based questions, although sometimes they can be purely essay-bases (but never purely numerical).
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Two 1-hour lectures per week for 9 weeks each semester (including revision).
One 1-hour tutorial per fortnight. 10 tutorials per student in total.
preparation and revision
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- N405: BSc Accounting & Finance (Bangor College, China) year 3 (BSC/AFBC)
- N392: BSc Banking & Finance (Bangor College, China) year 3 (BSC/BFINBC)