Marketing Strategy & Management
Rhedir gan Bangor Business School
10.000 Credyd neu 5.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Prof John Ashton
To advance knowledge of strategic marketing concepts and models, and facilitate the development of a critical and evaluative approach to marketing analysis. To provide a vehicle for analysis of the nature of marketing and to evaluate the role of marketing in contemporary organisational environments.
The content will include an introduction to marketing strategy and management, concepts and practices in relation to among others relationship and entrepreneurial marketing, the various strategic options available to marketers and the auditing tools used by them in analysing their competitive positioning and marketing environment.
D- to D+ (40-49%): No major omissions or inaccuracies in the deployment of information/skills. Some grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Integration of theory/practice/information present intermittently in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives.
B- to B+ (60-69%): Very good performance Most of the relevant information accurately deployed. Good grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
A- to A+ (70%+): Outstanding Performance. The relevant information accurately deployed. Excellent grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practice elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Strong evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
C- i C+
C- to C+ (50-59%): Much of the relevant information and skills mostly accurately deployed. Adequate grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Fair integration of theory/practice/information in the pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Some evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
Analyze and evaluate strategic marketing concepts, models and processes to case-study organisations.
Evaluate professional/commercial and academic literature.
Examine the nature of marketing strategy in contemporary and changing organisational environments.
Demonstrate an understanding of the analytical and evaluative approach to competitor analysis.
|Group case-study Presentation||40.00|
|Exam 1.5 hours||60.00|
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
One 2-hour lecture per week for 10 weeks.
80 hrs study required outside formal timetabled session.
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Ability to work with people from a range of cultures.
- Building and maintaining relationships.
- Communication and listening including the ability to produce clear, structured business communications in a variety of media.
- Conceptual and critical thinking, analysis, synthesis and evaluation.
- Self-management: a readiness to accept responsibility and flexibility, to be resilient, self-starting and appropriately assertive, to plan, organise and manage time.
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- N325: BSc Finance, Investment & Risk year 3 (BSC/FIR)
- N223: BSc Industrial Management year 3 (BSC/IM)
- I10M: BSc Computer Information Systems for Business (Franchised) year 3 (BSC/PCSYSB)