Sport and Exercise Physiology / Ffisioleg Chwaraeon ac Ymarfer
Rhedir gan School of Human and Behavioural Sciences
20.000 Credydau neu 10.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Dr Jennifer Cooney
Nod y modiwl hwn yw datblygu dealltwriaeth myfyrwyr o addasiadau ffisiolegol aciwt a chronig y corff i ymarfer mewn poblogaethau clinigol ac athletaidd. Gan ddefnyddio'r ddealltwriaeth hon, bydd myfyrwyr yn datblygu profion labordy sy'n perfformio cymhwysedd ac yn dehongli data ffisiolegol. Bydd myfyrwyr hefyd yn cael gwerthfawrogiad o ddatblygu rhaglenni hyfforddi gyda'r nod o wella perfformiad athletaidd ac iechyd poblogaethau clinigol.
Nod y modiwl hwn yw datblygu dealltwriaeth myfyrwyr o addasiadau ffisiolegol aciwt a chronig y corff dynol i ymarfer mewn poblogaethau clinigol ac athletaidd. Gan ddefnyddio'r ddealltwriaeth hon, bydd myfyrwyr yn datblygu profion labordy sy'n perfformio cymhwysedd ac yn dehongli data ffisiolegol. Bydd myfyrwyr hefyd yn cael gwerthfawrogiad o ddatblygu rhaglenni hyfforddi gyda'r nod o wella perfformiad athletaidd ac iechyd poblogaethau clinigol.
Bydd methiant modiwlau sy'n eich atal rhag pasio'r flwyddyn yn gofyn am asesiad ailsefyll a phresenoldeb yn yr Wythnos Asesu Atodol (Gorffennaf 2019)
Basic understanding of acute and/or chronic physiological adaptations of the body to exercise. Work of this standard is largely descriptive containing no or largely incorrect discussion of physiological mechanisms. Primary sources are scare. Important methods are described. Data is presented descriptively. This work will follow basic format and contain some poor spelling and grammar.
– Good knowledge and understanding of acute and/or chronic physiological adaptations of the body to exercise. Ideas/arguments are well presented but few are original. Physiological mechanisms are identified and discussed. Pertinent references are included. A good ability to reconstruct material from literature will be evident. Data is presented clearly with few interpretation errors. Formatting will be very good with few errors. This work will be written in a scientific style and will contain few typographical or grammar errors.
Deep knowledge and understanding of acute and/or chronic physiological adaptations of the body to exercise. Command of subject but with minor gaps in knowledge. Pertinent physiological mechanism (s) will be clear and supported by good use of primary references. Evidence of wide reading and a good ability to reconstruct material from literature will be evident. Where relevant important aspects of methods are considered and discussed. Formatting will be almost perfect.
Demonstrate an understanding of acute muscular, neural, metabolic, cardio-respiratory and thermoregulatory responses to exercise.
Understand the physiological adaptations from exercise in clinical populations
Demonstrate an understanding of the physiological adaptations to endurance and strength training.
Effectively communicate physiological changes in a written laboratory report.
Understand how to assess strength, aerobic and anaerobic capacity with laboratory tests, and what limits exercise performance.
Bydd angen i chi gyflwyno trwy Turnitin adroddiad labordy o'r sesiwn labordy ar asesu trothwyon awyru a lactad. Dylai'r adroddiad labordy hwn fod yn uchafswm o 1000 o eiriau a dylai gynnwys yr adrannau canlynol: teitl, crynodeb, dulliau, canlyniadau, trafodaeth a rhestr gyfeirio. Yn eich canlyniadau, gallwch gynnwys uchafswm o 2 ffigur (a / neu dablau).
|EXAM||MCQ/SAQ Exam (JAN)||
Bydd yr arholiad 2 awr hwn yn cynnwys cwestiynau amlddewis (MCQ) a chwestiynau ateb byr (SAQ; <300 gair). Trefnir yr asesiad hwn yn ystod y cyfnod arholiadau ffurfiol (Ionawr 2022). Yr union ddyddiad i'w gadarnhau
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
- Literacy - Proficiency in reading and writing through a variety of media
- Numeracy - Proficiency in using numbers at appropriate levels of accuracy
- Computer Literacy - Proficiency in using a varied range of computer software
- Self-Management - Able to work unsupervised in an efficient, punctual and structured manner. To examine the outcomes of tasks and events, and judge levels of quality and importance
- Exploring - Able to investigate, research and consider alternatives
- Inter-personal - Able to question, actively listen, examine given answers and interact sentistevely with others
- Critical analysis & Problem Solving - Able to deconstruct and analyse problems or complex situations. To find solutions to problems through analyses and exploration of all possibilities using appropriate methods, rescources and creativity.
- Safety-Consciousness - Having an awareness of your immediate environment, and confidence in adhering to health and safety regulations
- Presentation - Able to clearly present information and explanations to an audience. Through the written or oral mode of communication accurately and concisely.
- Teamwork - Able to constructively cooperate with others on a common task, and/or be part of a day-to-day working team
- Management - Able to utilise, coordinate and control resources (human, physical and/or financial)
- Argument - Able to put forward, debate and justify an opinion or a course of action, with an individual or in a wider group setting
- Self-awareness & Reflectivity - Having an awareness of your own strengths, weaknesses, aims and objectives. Able to regularly review, evaluate and reflect upon the performance of yourself and others
- Leadership - Able to lead and manage, develop action plans and objectives, offer guidance and direction to others, and cope with the related pressures such authority can result in
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- critically assess and evaluate data and evidence in the context of research methodologies and data sources
- describe, synthesise, interpret, analyse and evaluate information and data relevant to a professional or vocational context
- plan, design, execute and communicate a sustained piece of independent intellectual work, which provides evidence of critical engagement with, and interpretation of, appropriate data
- work effectively independently and with others
- take and demonstrate responsibility for their own learning and continuing personal and professional development
- self-appraise and reflect on practice
- plan and design practical activities using appropriate techniques and procedures whilst demonstrating high levels of relevant skills
- project manage and execute practical activities using appropriate techniques and procedures whilst demonstrating high levels of relevant skills
- recognise and respond to moral, ethical, sustainability and safety issues that directly pertain to the context of study including relevant legislation and professional codes of conduct
- demonstrate evidence of competence in the scientific methods of enquiry, and interpretation and analysis of relevant data and statistical outputs.
- develop transferable skills of relevance to careers outside of sport, health and exercise sciences.
- communicate succinctly at a level appropriate to different audiences.
- accurately interpret case study data
- develop justifiable and/or evidence-based interventions
- demonstrate effective robust data collection methods
Rhestr ddarllen Talishttp://readinglists.bangor.ac.uk/modules/jxc-2024.html
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- C611: BSc Adventure Sport Science year 2 (BSC/ASS)
- C61P: BSc Adventure Sport Science with Placement Year year 2 (BSC/ASSP)
- C61F: BSc Sport & Exercise Science with Foundation Year year 2 (BSC/SESF)
- CB69: BSC Sport, Health & Exercise Sci. year 2 (BSC/SHES)
- CB70: BSc Sport, Health & Exercise Science with International Exp year 2 (BSC/SHSIE)
- C600: BSC Sports Science year 2 (BSC/SPS)
- C60P: BSc Sport Science with Placement Year year 2 (BSC/SPSP)
- C604: BSc Sports Science (with International Experience) year 2 (BSC/SSIE)
- C602: BSC Sport Science (ODA) year 2 (BSC/SSOA)
- C612: MSci Adventure Sport Science year 2 (MSCI/ASS)
- C608: MSci Sport, Health and Exercise Sciences year 2 (MSCI/SHS)
- C607: MSci Sport Science year 2 (MSCI/SS)
- C613: MSci Sport Science with International Experience year 2 (MSCI/SSIE)
- C609: MSci Sport Science (Outdoor Activities) year 2 (MSCI/SSOA)
Opsiynol mewn cyrsiau:
- R2C6: BA German and Sports Science year 2 (BA/GSPS)
- CR6H: BA Italian/Sports Science year 2 (BA/ITSSC)
- CR61: BA Sports Science/French year 2 (BA/SPSFR)
- CR62: BA Sports Science/German year 2 (BA/SPSG)
- CR6K: BA Spanish/Sports Science year 2 (BA/SPSSC)
- CQ65: BA Cymraeg/Sports Science year 2 (BA/SPSW)
- C61N: BSc Adventure Sport Sci with Business Man (Subj to Validn) year 2 (BSC/ASSBM)
- C651: BSC Sport- Health & Physical Educ year 2 (BSC/SHPE)
- C6N1: BSc Sport Science & Business Management year 2 (BSC/SSB)
- C6N5: BSc Sport Science & Marketing year 2 (BSC/SSM)
- CN5P: Sport Science and Marketing with Placement Year year 2 (BSC/SSMP)