Developing Adult Nurse II
Rhedir gan School of Medical and Health Sciences
30.000 Credyd neu 15.000 Credyd ECTS
Semester 1 a 2
Trefnydd: Dr Sian Davies
In this module you will use your knowledge and understanding along with the professional, leadership and care management skills you have developed to recognise and make decisions to meet the complex nursing care needs of adults, whilst promoting the principles of Transforming Care. You will continue to promote dignity and diversity when interacting with adults throughout the lifespan, and demonstrate your ability to promote the legal, moral and ethical issues related to safeguarding adults.
• Critique of healthcare policy and influences on delivery of nursing care in all settings-Context of health and social care in Wales, UK, European & globally e.g. 1000 lives plus, Transforming Care, EC directives, WHO,
• The adult nurse’s role in relation to evolving perceptions of nursing (public, political, professional & media);
• Sensitive communicating tailored to individuals’ needs across the lifespan ;
• Communicate making best use of policy and legislation to encompass dignity, respect and diversity;
• Addressing delivery of nursing care in an ageing population, safeguarding people;
• Role of the adult nurse in managing nursing in all care settings;
• Enabling and encouraging individuals and groups to achieve their potential;
• Role of carers and partnerships in care; transitions in care e.g. moving into nursing/residential care;
• Communicating with adults & carers across the lifespan, inter-professional roles, communication & relationships, working in teams;
• Language and cultural awareness and sensitivity;
• Appropriate communication for the delivery of nursing care across the adult lifespan using concepts of empathy, advocacy, dignity and respect;
• The nurse’s role in advanced care planning and relationship building;
• Communicating with distressed people and families;
• Critique and adapt theories and models of nursing care delivery suitable for all care contexts;
• Evaluate application of models for health and wellbeing; health protection/promotion
• Evaluate the process and interventions used to meet the needs of adults in practice;
• Advancing skills for adult nursing, education of others in all healthcare environments.
• Pharmacological knowledge of medicine management and numeracy in preparation for registration of an adult nurse.
• Care delivery; advanced skills for adult nursing e.g. principles of ILS, and consolidation of skills to solve problems e.g. CPR in various situations; nurse prescribing.
• Skills to ensure matching with current BCUHB and National clinical knowledge to practice agenda.
• Adult altered physiology, and the impact on health/lifestyle
• Evaluating the individual and family’s needs and responses through the application of health psychology & sociology
• Delivery of care in partnership through effective negotiation;
• Nurse’s role in enabling people to live with and respond to chronic conditions, taking into account factors such as grieving, body image; • Critique current frameworks/guidelines – cancer, dementia, critical/high dependency/trauma care; • Governance/safety/quality of care • Resource management • Justify decision making for patient care; prioritising nursing care; documenting nursing care; multidisciplinary team working; • Management of the fundamentals of care; • Awareness of self, influencing factors, limitations, context and settings; • Critiquing and applying the evidence base for adult nursing. • Safe & effective discharge planning • Patient Management strategies, risk assessment, response to crisis
Understanding of the facts and principles specific to the topics covered in this module, with an ability to apply what is learnt in healthcare practice. Students will be required to achieve a minimum of D- grade in the assignment to in order to pass the theory component of the module.
Good understanding of the facts and principles specific to the topics covered in this module, with an ability to apply what is learnt in healthcare practice. This equates to a minimum mark of Grade C- in the Grading Criteria.
Excellent understanding of the facts and principles specific to the topics covered in this module, with an ability to apply what is learnt in healthcare practice. This equates to a minimum mark of Grade A- in the Grading Criteria.
Critically analyse professional, legal & ethical requirement for nursing practice
Apply and evaluate appropriate theories of communication within the practice setting to build therapeutic relationships
Demonstrate the numerical skills and ability to perform drug calculations for safe administration of medicines.
Utilise reflection, clinical supervision, life-long learning, collaborative working and self management in order to critically analyse and engage in personal and professional development to meet the requirements for nursing registration with the NMC.
Critique and develop adult nursing management knowledge and skills.
Engage in putting knowledge into action in day to day adult nursing practices
|Extended Essay Mark||100.00|
|Portfolio R o A||0.00|
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
3.Lectures and enquiry-based learning
3.Lectures and enquiry-based learning
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Ymwybyddiaeth o ddiogelwch - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch amgylchedd a hyder o ran cadw at reoliadau iechyd a diogelwch
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
- Mentora - Gallu cefnogi, helpu, arwain, ysbrydoli ac/neu hyfforddi eraill
- Gofalu - Dangos consyrn am eraill; gofalu am blant, pobl ag anableddau ac/neu'r henoed
- Rheloaeth - Gallu defnyddio, cydlynu a rheoli adnoddau (dynol, ffisegol ac/neu ariannol)
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
- Arweinyddiaeth - Gallu arwain a rheoli, datblygu cynlluniau gweithredu ac amcanion, cynnig arweiniad a chyfarwyddyd i eraill, ac ymdopi â'r pwysau sy'n gysylltiedig ag awdurdod o'r fath