Rhedir gan School of Ocean Sciences
40.000 Credyd neu 20.000 Credyd ECTS
Semester 1 a 2
Trefnydd: Dr Martyn Kurr
The Foundation Year Project module aims to provide students with the essential skills involved in planning, undertaking and presenting a piece of independent research on a topic relevant to their degree programme. The module will link to knowledge and skills developed in the programme and place a strong emphasis on the application of these to the topic being investigated.
Under the supervision of an academic member of staff, students will develop a research project on a topic of interest to them and aligned to their degree subject. The project will address a problem/topic through an identified aim and associated objectives. The project will draw on evidence sourced from primary and/or secondary sources and will present and analyse the evidence using appropriate techniques. The project module will be an opportunity to put into practice relevant academic skills developed in the Foundation Year programme and also to apply knowledge from other modules.
C- i C+
Grade C- to C+ A more developed understanding of relevant subject material but some errors present. Demonstrates the application of relevant techniques, with some success but contains some inaccuracies with some occasional misconceptions evident. There is some evidence of engagement with available information sources. Presentation of information and associated structure is generally clear but with scope for improvement.
Grade B- to B+ A generally well- developed understanding of relevant subject material with occasional errors present. Demonstrates the largely correct application of relevant techniques, with only minor instances of inaccuracy and/or misconception evident. There is good evidence of engagement with available information sources. Presentation of information and associated structure is clear and well-developed.
Grade D- to D+ Basic understanding of relevant subject material but some errors present. Demonstrates the application of relevant techniques, but with limited success and/or some inaccuracies and misconceptions evident. There is limited evidence of engagement with available information sources. Presentation of information lacks clarity and clear structure.
Grade A- and above A well-developed understanding of relevant subject material with only very minor errors present. Demonstrates the highly correct application of relevant techniques, with virtually no instances of inaccuracy and/or misconception evident. There is excellent evidence of engagement with available information sources. Presentation of information and associated structure is clear and well-developed with some evidence reflectivity.
Devise and undertake an investigation to address a specified aim.
Produce a data set using appropriate techniques.
Analyse a data set using appropriate methods.
Communicate information effectively using appropriate means.
|GWAITH CWRS||Written project||70.00|
|CYFLWYNIAD UNIGOL||Verbal project presentation||15.00|
|GWAITH CWRS||Project proposal||15.00|
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
24 x 1 hour tutorial (1 x 1 hour supervision tutorial per fortnight)
1 x 2 hr presentation seminar
Time spent working on the project and associated assignments.
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
Goblygiadau o ran adnoddau ar gyfer myfyrwyr
Use of personal computers or University facilities will be required to complete the module.