Sports Law 2022-23
School Of History, Law And Social Sciences
Module - Semester 1
The module will allow students to study a range of issues within Sports Law, including, but not limited to, the following:
- the governance and regulation of sport in a variety of contexts;
- issues surrounding the integrity of sport, including anti-doping;
- commercial issues within sport, including broadcasting rights and other contracts within sport, and the challenge increasingly placed on established governance structures within sport;
- the role of EU law in the development of sports law;
- contemporary and developing issues within sport.
-threshold -D- to D+ (40-49%) An answer which, while predominantly correct in its presentation of material, contains a significant level of error and is therefore not entirely reliable. -good -B- to B+ (60-69%) High Standard: A comprehensive answer, containing all the material relevant to the question and no irrelevancy, all the material and references being accurate and correct, there being no inaccuracy or error, the whole presented in an argument which, while clear, logical and critical, leaves room for improvement in its construction and presentation. An answer which shows complete competence in the subject. -excellent -A- to A* (70+%) An outstanding, possibly brilliant, answer, containing all the material relevant to the question and no irrelevancy, all the material and references being accurate and correct, there being no inaccuracy or error, the whole presented in a clear, logical, critical argument with little room for improvement. An answer which demonstrates a complete mastery of the subject. -another level-C- to C+ (50-59%) An answer which, while always in the main accurate and correct, fails to distinguish between relevant and irrelevant material and is lacking in criticism. An answer which while reliable with regard to correctness is either not comprehensive or not entirely pertinent.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of relevant law, regulations, or other rules and apply this knowledge to actual or hypothetical factual scenarios within a sporting context.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of the principles and doctrines of sports law.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of, and the ability to analyse contemporary and developing issues within sports law.
- Effectively structure, articulate and apply arguments to actual or hypothetical factual scenarios, and to present those arguments in the appropriate manner, in writing.
- Find, use, and analyse relevant sources in relation to sports law, in its national, continental and/or worldwide contexts.
- Show a comprehensive understanding and analyse legal rules, principles, and processes of dispute resolution within the specific context of sport.