Contemporary Theatre Practice
Rhedir gan School of Music, Drama and Performance
20.000 Credyd neu 10.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Mrs Ffion Evans
Contemporary Theatre Practice is a module that explores theatre making at an advanced level. Through performance, direction and dramaturgy, students will be encouraged to establish companies and produce their own work to explore artistic policy on the 21st Century Stage that welcomes the experimental. Understanding of research and development exploration and production values will be shared and practiced and through discussion and practical application, the module will investigate creative strategies, methods and theoretical issues arising from creating contemporary theatre.
The module considers performer/audience relationships on the 21st Century stage, scenography, and technology in performance as well as dramaturgical decisions in staging and performance training.
**Students are expected to have completed at least one of the Level 4 Modules as a pre-requisite. Either UXS/B 1120 (Theatre Making) or UXS/B 1403 (Performing for Stage and Screen).
- Explore advance theatre making methods to create original creative work
- Introduce theoretical and practical research in Contemporary Theatre Practice
- Develop research and development material as well as a short company production to evaluate practice.
- The module runs every 2 years with students from the second and third year of undergraduate study working together
Students will have met the standards of class developed knowledge and understanding with some independent research to support.
Students will have developed a knowledge and understanding of the majority of the class material but very limited independent development.
Students will have developed in-depth research (theoretically and practically) beyond class knowledge and understanding.
• Understood the appropriate skills, working methods and approaches required when conducting performance work.
• Has undertaken independent research-based investigation to inform written and practical work.
• Been able to identify and discuss the theoretical and practical strategies that are currently in evidence within contemporary theatre practice.
• Participated in an extended period of practice-based exploration to assist in the generation of an original performance.
• Been an active and creative participant in the process of play or project devising appropriate for a contemporary theatre practice context.
|Short Group Production||50.00|
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
|Practical classes and workshops||
Laboratory Workshops in Direction, Dramaturgy and Performance Training will be delivered in development to practice based research.
|Supervised time in studio/workshop||
Groups will be allocated time in class to develop group work under the supervision of the lecturer.
The students will be expected to invest a minimum of 20 hours on their performance study assessment. 50 hours minimum on their short production and 30 hours minimum on their critical essay to develop the minimum requirements of subject knowledge development. The Students will also be encouraged to developed their own practice based and theoretical research in relation to these assessments as well as contacting their groups on a regular basis to attend independent rehearsals and any additional organisation needed outside of class hours. High group commitment is required on this module as well as the commitment to attend live performances on a regular basis and this element will be monitored during the term.
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Ymwybyddiaeth o ddiogelwch - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch amgylchedd a hyder o ran cadw at reoliadau iechyd a diogelwch
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
- Arweinyddiaeth - Gallu arwain a rheoli, datblygu cynlluniau gweithredu ac amcanion, cynnig arweiniad a chyfarwyddyd i eraill, ac ymdopi â'r pwysau sy'n gysylltiedig ag awdurdod o'r fath
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- An understanding of creative and critical processes, and of the wide range of skills inherent in creative writing. (NAWE Creative Writing Benchmark Statement 3.1).
- Knowledge of a wide range of canonical English texts, providing a confident understanding of literary traditions as well as the confidence to experiment and challenge conventions when writing creatively. (English Benchmark Statement 3.1).
- Artistic engagement and ability to articulate complex ideas in oral and written forms. (NAWE Creative Writing Benchmark Statement 3.2).
- Reflective practitioner skills, including awareness of the practice of others in collaborative learning (NAWE Creative Writing Benchmark Statement 3.2; English Benchmark Statement 3.2).
- Ability to formulate and solve problems, anticipate and accommodate change, and work within contexts of ambiguity, uncertainty and unfamiliarity (NAWE Creative Writing Benchmark Statement 3.2; English Benchmark Statement 3.3).
- Ability to engage in processes of drafting and redrafting texts to achieve clarity of expression and an appropriate style. (English Benchmark Statement 3.3; NAWE Creative Writing Benchmark Statement 3.2).
Rhestrau Darllen Bangor (Talis)http://readinglists.bangor.ac.uk/modules/uxs-2400.html
Rhagofynion a Chydofynion
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- 32M8: BA English Literature with Theatre and Performance year 2 (BA/ELTP)
- P3W5: BA Film Studies with Theatre and Performance year 2 (BA/FSTP)
- P306: BA Media Studies year 2 (BA/MS)
- P31B: BA Media Studies (4 year with Incorporated Foundation) year 2 (BA/MS1)
- 8U76: BA Media Studies (with International Experience) year 2 (BA/MSIE)
- P3WL: BA Media Studies with Theatre and Performance year 2 (BA/MSTP)
- P3WB: BA Media Stud with Theatre & Perform (4yr with Incorp Found) year 2 (BA/MSTP1)
- W900: MArts Creative Practice year 2 (MARTS/CP)
Opsiynol mewn cyrsiau:
- T103: BA Chinese and Creative Studies year 2 (BA/CHCS)
- WPQ0: BA Creative Studies year 2 (BA/CST)
- WPQB: BA Creative Studies (4 year with Incorporated Foundation) year 2 (BA/CST1)
- WQ93: BA Creative Stds & English Lang. year 2 (BA/CSTEL)
- WR91: BA French and Creative Studies year 2 (BA/CSTFR)
- WR92: BA German and Creative Studies year 2 (BA/CSTG)
- WR93: BA Italian and Creative Studies year 2 (BA/CSTITAL)
- WW93: BA Creative Studies and Music year 2 (BA/CSTMUS)
- WR94: BA Spanish & Creative Studies year 2 (BA/CSTSP)
- QWM5: BA Cymraeg, Theatr a'r Cyfryngau year 2 (BA/CTC)
- WP83: BA Media Studies & Creative Wrtng year 2 (BA/CWMS)
- PP53: BA Journalism and Media Studies year 2 (BA/JMS)
- PP5B: BA Journalism & Media Studies (4yr with Incorp Foundation) year 2 (BA/JMS1)
- 3HPQ: BA Media Studies and English Literature year 2 (BA/MEN)
- P3R1: BA Media Studies with French year 2 (BA/MSFR)
- P3R2: BA Media Studies with German year 2 (BA/MSG)
- P3R3: BA Media Studies with Italian year 2 (BA/MSIT)
- PW33: BA Media Studies and Music year 2 (BA/MSMUS)
- LP33: BA Media Studies and Sociology year 2 (BA/MSSOC)
- P3R4: BA Media Studies with Spanish year 2 (BA/MSSP)
- P3R5: BA Media Stud with Spanish (with International Experience) year 2 (BA/MSSPIE)
- P3W9: BA Professional Writing and Media year 2 (BA/PWM)
- W900: MArts Creative Practice year 2 (MARTS/CP)
- P308: MArts Media year 2 (MARTS/MED)