Rhedir gan School of Educational Sciences
30.000 Credyd neu 15.000 Credyd ECTS
Semester 1 a 2
Trefnydd: Dr Sarah Zylinski
This module forms part of the PGCertHE, which delivers practical training in how to teach in Higher Education (HE) alongside professional development in the scholarship of pedagogy. The aims of this course are to develop effective and innovative HE teachers through an academic programme, induct academic staff into the HE teaching systems at Bangor University, and provide opportunities for HE teachers to gain professional recognition. There is an emphasis on developing academics as reflective practitioners.
The award is supported by the Bangor University Centre for the Enhancement of Learning and Teaching (CELT) and the final qualification is awarded by the School of Education.
The learning outcomes of the PGCertHE are aligned with the UKPSF, which ensures that the programme provides the opportunity for professional recognition. Successful graduates will receive Higher Education Academy Fellowship (Stage 1 confers Associate Fellowship and Stage 2 confers Fellowship).
The programme also meets the requirements for Nursing and Midwifery Council accreditation so successful graduates within nursing will receive Registered Nurse Teacher status. This programme is also informed by the Bangor University Strategic Plan, Teaching Strategy and accredited CPD Framework. Stage 1 and 2 are compulsory for staff appointed on academic teaching contracts at Bangor with fewer than 3 years continuous teaching experience in higher education who are not already Fellows of the HEA. The programme supports the initial and continuing professional development of staff engaged in teaching and supporting learning. The programme supports the initial and continuing professional development of staff engaged in teaching and supporting learning.
There are two stages to the PGCert HE:
Stage 1 (module XVE4008) will focus on the practical aspects of teaching to help you to be more efficient and effective in teaching in Higher Education. This stage will include regular workshops to support your development and the assessment will be a final portfolio evidencing your teaching experience.
Stage 2 (module XVE4009) will focus on pedagogical research to explore new innovations and further develop your teaching practice. This stage will involve independent scholarship and the assessment will be an academic paper.
All components of the assessment are graded pass, with no elements graded as "borderline" or "fail".
All learning outcomes have been met ("pass" grade), but more than one component of the assessment was graded "borderline", where the following criteria just meet the threshold for a pass: o Complete submission with minimum evidence included for all required components o Adequate understanding and application in all core areas of teaching activity o Some core knowledge of teaching, learning, and pedagogy o Demonstration of basic professional values
All learning outcomes have been met (graded "pass"), but one component of the assessment was graded "borderline".
Engage in continuing professional development in subjects/disciplines and their pedagogy, incorporating research, scholarship, and the evaluation of professional practices (UKPSF A5).
Demonstrate good knowledge and understanding of the subject material in your own discipline (UKPSF K1).
Design and plan learning activities and/or programmes of study (UKPSF A1).
Demonstrate appropriate methods for teaching, learning and assessing in your own discipline (UKPSF K2).
Use and value appropriate learning technologies (UKPSF K4).
Develop effective learning environments and approaches to student support and guidance (UKPSF A4).
Understand how students learn, both generally and within your discipline (UKPSF K3).
Respect individual learners and diverse learning communities (UKPSF V1).
Promote participation in higher education and equality of opportunity for learners (UKPSF V2).
Assess and give feedback to learners (UKPSF A3).
Teach and/or support learning (UKPSF A2).
|Stage 1 Portfolio Workbook||100.00|
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Ymwybyddiaeth o ddiogelwch - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch amgylchedd a hyder o ran cadw at reoliadau iechyd a diogelwch
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
- Mentora - Gallu cefnogi, helpu, arwain, ysbrydoli ac/neu hyfforddi eraill
- Gofalu - Dangos consyrn am eraill; gofalu am blant, pobl ag anableddau ac/neu'r henoed
- Rheloaeth - Gallu defnyddio, cydlynu a rheoli adnoddau (dynol, ffisegol ac/neu ariannol)
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
- Arweinyddiaeth - Gallu arwain a rheoli, datblygu cynlluniau gweithredu ac amcanion, cynnig arweiniad a chyfarwyddyd i eraill, ac ymdopi â'r pwysau sy'n gysylltiedig ag awdurdod o'r fath
Rhagofynion a Chydofynion
Rhagofynnol ar gyfer:
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- X9AE: Certificate in Higher Education year 1 (CERT/HED)