Enhancing Academic Practice
Rhedir gan School of Educational Sciences
30.000 Credyd neu 15.000 Credyd ECTS
Semester 1 a 2
Trefnydd: Dr Sarah Zylinski
This module forms part of the PGCertHE, which delivers practical training in how to teach in Higher Education (HE) alongside professional development in the scholarship of pedagogy. The aims of this course are to develop effective and innovative HE teachers through an academic programme, induct academic staff into the HE teaching systems at Bangor University, and provide opportunities for HE teachers to gain professional recognition. There is an emphasis on developing academics as reflective practitioners.
The award is supported by the Bangor University Centre for the Enhancement of Learning and Teaching (CELT) and the final qualification is awarded by the School of Education.
The learning outcomes of the PGCertHE are aligned with the UKPSF, which ensures that the programme provides the opportunity for professional recognition. Successful graduates will receive Higher Education Academy Fellowship (Stage 1 confers Associate Fellowship and Stage 2 confers Fellowship).
The programme also meets the requirements for Nursing and Midwifery Council accreditation so successful graduates within nursing will receive Registered Nurse Teacher status. This programme is also informed by the Bangor University Strategic Plan, Teaching Strategy and accredited CPD Framework. Stage 1 and 2 are compulsory for staff appointed on academic teaching contracts at Bangor with fewer than 3 years continuous teaching experience in higher education who are not already Fellows of the HEA. The programme supports the initial and continuing professional development of staff engaged in teaching and supporting learning. The programme supports the initial and continuing professional development of staff engaged in teaching and supporting learning.
There are two stages to the PGCert HE:
Stage 1 (module XVE4008) will focus on the practical aspects of teaching to help you to be more efficient and effective in teaching in Higher Education. This stage will include regular workshops to support your development and the assessment will be a final portfolio evidencing your teaching experience.
Stage 2 (module XVE4009) will focus on pedagogical research to explore new innovations and further develop your teaching practice. This stage will involve independent scholarship and the assessment will be an academic paper.
No components of assessment are graded as "fail", but grading of more than one component as "borderline" indicates the following criteria meet the threshold for a pass: o Complete submission with minimum evidence included for all required components o Adequate understanding and application in all core areas of teaching activity o Some core knowledge of teaching, learning, and pedagogy o Demonstration of basic professional values
All learning outcomes merit a "pass" grade, but one component of the portfolio is graded as "borderline".
All learning outcomes and components of the assessment are graded "pass", with no elements in the "borderline" or "fail" categories.
Acknowledge the wider context in which higher education operates recognizing the implications for professional practice (UKPSF V4).
Establish methods for evaluating the effectiveness of teaching (UKPSF K5).
Use evidence-informed approaches and outcomes from research, scholarship and continuing professional development (UKPSF V3).
Recognise the implications of quality assurance and quality enhancement for academic and professional practice with a particular focus on teaching (UKPSF K6).
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Ymwybyddiaeth o ddiogelwch - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch amgylchedd a hyder o ran cadw at reoliadau iechyd a diogelwch
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
- Mentora - Gallu cefnogi, helpu, arwain, ysbrydoli ac/neu hyfforddi eraill
- Gofalu - Dangos consyrn am eraill; gofalu am blant, pobl ag anableddau ac/neu'r henoed
- Rheloaeth - Gallu defnyddio, cydlynu a rheoli adnoddau (dynol, ffisegol ac/neu ariannol)
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
- Arweinyddiaeth - Gallu arwain a rheoli, datblygu cynlluniau gweithredu ac amcanion, cynnig arweiniad a chyfarwyddyd i eraill, ac ymdopi â'r pwysau sy'n gysylltiedig ag awdurdod o'r fath
Rhagofynion a Chydofynion
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- X9AE: Certificate in Higher Education year 2 (CERT/HED)