Rhedir gan School of Computer Science and Electronic Engineering
20 Credyd neu 10 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Dr Franck Vidal
Introduce students to the theory and practice of Unix/Linux concepts and tools that are used on a daily basis, inc.:
Indicative content includes:
- Overview of the OS
- Command line interface
- Utilities and tools
- Directory and file structures
- Process control
- Shell scripting
- Pipes (inter-process communication)
Equivalent to the range 60%-69%. Is able to analyse a task or problem to decide which aspects of theory and knowledge to apply. Solutions are of a workable quality, demonstrating understanding of underlying principles. Major themes can be linked appropriately but may not be able to extend this to individual aspects. Outputs are readily understood, with an appropriate structure but may lack sophistication.
Equivalent to the range 70%+. Assemble critically evaluated, relevent areas of knowledge and theory to constuct professional-level solutions to tasks and questions presented. Is able to cross-link themes and aspects to draw considered conclusions. Presents outputs in a cohesive, accurate, and efficient manner.
Equivalent to 40%. Uses key areas of theory or knowledge to meet the Learning Outcomes of the module. Is able to formulate an appropriate solution to accurately solve tasks and questions. Can identify individual aspects, but lacks an awareness of links between them and the wider contexts. Outputs can be understood, but lack structure and/or coherence.
Identify key elements of the UNIX operating system, including the shell, kernel and system utilities.
Construct appropriate shell scripts to automate or complete system tasks.
Utilise system tools with redirection and pipes to achieve a goal.
Use Regular Expressions to simplify processing of textual data.
|GWAITH CWRS||Assignment 1||
Practical programming assignment focusing on creating shell scripts.
|PRAWF DOSBARTH||Class Test 2||
In-Class test focusing on handling of command-lines, programmes and features.
|GWAITH CWRS||Assignment 2||
Practical programming assignment focused on handling of textual data.
|PRAWF DOSBARTH||Class Test 1||
In-Class test focusing on theoretical aspects of the course.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
2x1 hour per tutorial/lecture per week
1x2 hours a week
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Knowledge and understanding of facts, concepts, principles & theories
- Problem solving strategies
- Knowledge of information security issues
- Deploy tools effectively
- Development of general transferable skills
- Deploy systems to meet business goals
- Methods, techniques and tools for information modelling, management and security
- Knowledge of systems architecture
- Knowledge and/or understanding of appropriate scientific and engineering principles
- Specify, deploy, verify and maintain computer-based systems
- Principles of appropriate supporting engineering and scientific disciplines
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- I110: BSc Computer Information Systems year 1 (BSC/CIS)
- I11B: BSc Computer Information Systems (4 year with Incorp Found) year 1 (BSC/CIS1)