Design,Art, Creativity & Story
Rhedir gan School of Computer Science and Electronic Engineering
20.000 Credyd neu 10.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Prof Jonathan Roberts
This module is designed to introduce and develop skills that are essential to the creative process. It gives the opportunity to engine with creative design from exploration to delivery.
Indicative content includes:
- Sketching (rapid, 2-point, storyboarding, functional, people).
- Brief introduction to colour theory, graphic design, narrative.
- Technical drawing conventions (including hand-drawing).
- Gain an appreciation of relevant software
Equivalent to 40%. Uses key areas of theory or knowledge to meet the Learning Outcomes of the module. Is able to formulate an appropriate solution to accurately solve tasks and questions. Can identify individual aspects, but lacks an awareness of links between them and the wider contexts. Outputs can be understood, but lack structure and/or coherence.
Equivalent to the range 60%-69%. Is able to analyse a task or problem to decide which aspects of theory and knowledge to apply. Solutions are of a workable quality, demonstrating understanding of underlying principles. Major themes can be linked appropriately but may not be able to extend this to individual aspects. Outputs are readily understood, with an appropriate structure but may lack sophistication.
Equivalent to the range 70%+. Assemble critically evaluated, relevent areas of knowledge and theory to constuct professional-level solutions to tasks and questions presented. Is able to cross-link themes and aspects to draw considered conclusions. Presents outputs in a cohesive, accurate, and efficient manner.
Learn and apply drawing conventions (including hand-drawing and technical drawing).
Employ colour theory, graphic design, narrative in a creative context.
Use relevant software used in the creative design process.
Demonstrate the ability to sketching a meaningful manner.
|LLYFR LOG NEU BORTFFOLIO||- case study topic||
Following the given case study, the portfolio demonstrates creative outcomes to the defined goal. It includes clear documentation and artefacts to support learning outcomes, and core artefacts as detailed in the requirements document. Artefacts should include written reflection, and photographs/scans copies of sketches, pictures, technical drawings, and demonstration of computer software for design.
|LLYFR LOG NEU BORTFFOLIO||- logbook of course material||
Demonstration of learning, following and achieving the ongoing tasks; it records the student's creative activities, notes and ideas, following the creative content of the module and exercises given throughout the module.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Private study, including individual tasks.
|Supervised time in studio/workshop||
Guided tasks, exercises supporting seminars.
Presentation, along with small group discussions.
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Identify emerging technologies and technology trends;
- Apply an understanding and appreciation of continuous improvement techniques
- Use both verbal and written communication skills to different target audiences;
- Knowledge and understanding of facts, concepts, principles & theories
- Use of such knowledge in modelling and design
- Problem solving strategies
- Evaluate systems in terms of quality and trade-offs
- Development of general transferable skills
- Deploy systems to meet business goals
- Defining problems, managing design process and evaluating outcomes
- Knowledge and/or understanding of appropriate scientific and engineering principles
Develop creative and design skills
Goblygiadau o ran adnoddau ar gyfer myfyrwyr
Students need access to plain paper, pencils, potentially coloured pens or pencils.
Rhestrau Darllen Bangor (Talis)http://readinglists.bangor.ac.uk/modules/ice-2902.html
- Five Design-Sheets: Creative Design and Sketching for Computing and Visualisation. Authors: Roberts, Jonathan C, Headleand, Christopher J., Ritsos, Panagiotis D. 2017, Springer
- Where Good Ideas Come From: The Seven Patterns of Innovation. By Steven Johnson. Penguin, 2011
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- GW49: BSC Creative Technologies year 2 (BSC/CT)