MEng Team Project
Rhedir gan School of Computer Science and Electronic Engineering
40 Credyd neu 20 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Dr Iestyn Pierce
Allow students to undertake a major project that requires a group investigation of a technical subject and results in a well-presented dissertation. In the process, students will apply the Engineering Process to a problem.
Content will vary by student group and project; however, indicative content includes:
- Capturing requirements from an end user/a customer.
- Design and specification of a product to meet those requirements.
- Construction of prototypes.
- Formal communication of the project, results and lessons learned.
Equivalent to the range 70%+. Assemble critically evaluated, relevent areas of knowledge and theory to constuct professional-level solutions to tasks and questions presented. Is able to cross-link themes and aspects to draw considered conclusions. Presents outputs in a cohesive, accurate, and efficient manner.
Equivalent to 50%. Uses key areas of theory or knowledge to meet the Learning Outcomes of the module. Is able to formulate an appropriate solution to accurately solve tasks and questions. Can identify individual aspects, but lacks an awareness of links between them and the wider contexts. Outputs can be understood, but lack structure and/or coherence.
Equivalent to the range 60%-69%. Is able to analyse a task or problem to decide which aspects of theory and knowledge to apply. Solutions are of a workable quality, demonstrating understanding of underlying principles. Major themes can be linked appropriately but may not be able to extend this to individual aspects. Outputs are readily understood, with an appropriate structure but may lack sophistication.
Investigate new areas of subject knowledge, organize data and solve new problems.
Exercise initiative to attain a clear objective within a specified time.
Present clear and detailed reports and a dissertation.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Team project including regular meetings with the client/company, presentations and dissertation
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Ymwybyddiaeth o ddiogelwch - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch amgylchedd a hyder o ran cadw at reoliadau iechyd a diogelwch
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
- Rheloaeth - Gallu defnyddio, cydlynu a rheoli adnoddau (dynol, ffisegol ac/neu ariannol)
- Arweinyddiaeth - Gallu arwain a rheoli, datblygu cynlluniau gweithredu ac amcanion, cynnig arweiniad a chyfarwyddyd i eraill, ac ymdopi â'r pwysau sy'n gysylltiedig ag awdurdod o'r fath
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Identify emerging technologies and technology trends;
- Apply underpinning concepts and ideas of engineering;
- Apply knowledge and understanding of the specialist cognate area of electronic engineering in an international context;
- Apply knowledge and understanding of the specialist cognate area of computer systems engineering in an international context;
- Apply knowledge and understanding of the specialist cognate area of computer systems for controlling complex systems;
- Apply knowledge and understanding of the specialist cognate area of computer systems engineering in safety-critical areas;
- Assess and choose optimal methods and approaches for the specification, design, implementation and evaluation of engineering solutions, especially ones that include embedded microprocessors
- Plan, budget, organise and manage people and resources;
- Agree objectives and work plans with individuals;
- Use both verbal and written communication skills to different target audiences;
- Communicate proposals persuasively and respond positively to feedback;
- Analyse and display data using appropriate methods and mathematical techniques;
- Demonstrate familiarity with relevant subject specific and general computer software packages.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the need to work safely and comply within relevant legislative and regulatory frameworks;
- Have an appreciation of moral, ethical, financial and environmental issues that may need to be considered when practicing as an engineer.¬†
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- H661: MEng Control and Instrumentation Engineering year 4 (MENG/CIE)
- H617: MEng Computer Systs Eng (4 yrs) year 4 (MENG/CSE)
- H601: MEng Electronic Engineering (4 yrs) year 4 (MENG/EE)
- H618: MEng Electronic Engineering with International Experience year 5 (MENG/EEIE)
- H60P: MEng Electronic Engineering with Industrial Placement year 5 (MENG/EEP)