Employability Based Learning 2
Rhedir gan School of Computer Science and Electronic Engineering
20.000 Credyd neu 10.000 Credyd ECTS
Semester 1 a 2
Trefnydd: Dr David Edward Perkins
This module aims to provide learners with the opportunity to analyse the value of their learning within vocational and work-specific contexts. In so doing, it will require learners to reflect upon their learning experience in terms of how it has enhanced their academic and vocational knowledge and skills, self-esteem and current and future employability. This will enable learners to link their increased effectiveness in a range of work-based tasks and contexts to their extended and enhanced knowledge and skills sets.
In addition, the module will focus upon the creation of a comprehensive and vocationally-relevant personal and professional development plan, arising from forward reflection. The plan will identify a range of future academic and vocational developmental needs, specific to and within a range of work-based and employability contexts, which result in the identification of attainable goals. The plan will also identify and establish how progress towards stated goals may be measured.
Indicative content includes:
● How learning enhances performance in a range of vocational and work-specific contexts.
● The value of reflection as a tool for improving self-awareness and critical thinking skills.
● Personal and professional development planning.
● Reflecting forward.
● The measurement of progress towards goals.
Equivalent to 40%. Uses key areas of theory or knowledge to meet the Learning Outcomes of the module. Is able to formulate an appropriate solution to accurately solve tasks and questions. Can identify individual aspects, but lacks an awareness of links between them and the wider contexts. Outputs can be understood, but lack structure and/or coherence.
Equivalent to the range 60%-69%. Is able to analyse a task or problem to decide which aspects of theory and knowledge to apply. Solutions are of a workable quality, demonstrating understanding of underlying principles. Major themes can be linked appropriately but may not be able to extend this to individual aspects. Outputs are readily understood, with an appropriate structure but may lack sophistication.
Equivalent to the range 70%+. Assemble critically evaluated, relevent areas of knowledge and theory to constuct professional-level solutions to tasks and questions presented. Is able to cross-link themes and aspects to draw considered conclusions. Presents outputs in a cohesive, accurate, and efficient manner.
Recognise, through reflection, the value of your learning experience in terms of your increased effectiveness in a range of work-based tasks and employability contexts.
Create a vocationally-relevant personal and professional development plan that sets attainable work-based and employability goals and establishes how they may be measured.
Propose, arrange, undertake and document a self-initiated work project
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Knowledge and understanding of facts, concepts, principles & theories
- Use of such knowledge in modelling and design
- Problem solving strategies
- Analyse if/how a system meets current and future requirements
- Deploy theory in design, implementation and evaluation of systems
- Recognise legal, social, ethical & professional issues
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial and economic issues
- Knowledge of management techniques to achieve objectives
- Knowledge of information security issues
- Specify, design or construct computer-based systems
- Evaluate systems in terms of quality and trade-offs
- Recognise risk/safety for safe operation of computing equipment
- Deploy tools effectively
- Work as a member of a development team
- Development of general transferable skills
- Deploy systems to meet business goals
- Methods, techniques and tools for information modelling, management and security
- Knowledge of systems architecture
- Specify, deploy, verify and maintain information systems
- Defining problems, managing design process and evaluating outcomes
- System Design
- Knowledge and/or understanding of appropriate scientific and engineering principles
- Knowledge and understanding of mathematical principles
- Knowledge and understanding of computational modelling
- Specify, deploy, verify and maintain computer-based systems
- Principles of appropriate supporting engineering and scientific disciplines
Bolton, G.E.J., 2005. Reflective Practice: Writing and Professional Development. 2 nd ed. Sage Publications.
CBI/NUS, 2011. Working towards your future: Making the most of your time in higher education , CBI
Johns, C., 2009. Becoming a Reflective Practitioner. 3 rd ed. Wiley and Blackwell.
Moon, J.A., 2004. A Handbook of Reflective and Experiential Learning . Routledge.
Moon, J.A., 2006. Learning Journals - A Handbook for Reflective Practice and Professional Development. 2 nd ed. Routledge.
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- H115: BSc Applied Cyber Security (Degree Apprenticeship) year 2 (BSC/ACS)
- H119: BSc Applied Cyber Security (Coleg Cambria) year 2 (BSC/ACSC)
- H116: BSc Applied Data Science (Degree Apprenticeship) year 2 (BSC/ADS)
- H120: BSc Applied Data Science (Degree Apprentice - Coleg Cambria) year 2 (BSC/ADSC)
- H300: BSc Applied Software Engineering (Deg Apprenticeship GLlM) year 2 (BSC/ASE)