Corporate Gov'nce & Regulation
Corporate Governance and Regulation 2022-23
Bangor Business School
Module - Semester 2
Shee Yee Khoo
The content may include but will not be limited to the form and functions of modern corporations, the role and purpose of economic regulation and the development and the role of corporate governance systems and codes. In this module we will explore the importance of corporate ownership and control, the role of the board and professions in corporate governance arrangements. This discussion will be augmented through consideration of the performance and remuneration of senior management and current International issues of corporate governance and regulation.
-threshold -D- to D+ (40-49%): No major omissions or inaccuracies in the deployment of information/skills. Some grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Integration of theory/practice/information present intermittently in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives.
-good -B- to B+ (60-69%): Very good performance Most of the relevant information accurately deployed. Good grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
-excellent -A- to A+ (70%+): Outstanding performance. The relevant information accurately deployed. Excellent grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practice elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Strong evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
-another level-C- to C+ (50-59%): Much of the relevant information and skills mostly accurately deployed. Adequate grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Fair integration of theory/practice/information in the pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Some evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
- Comprehend methods concerned with the assessment of both corporate governance and regulation, internal and external to the firm.
- Develop a critical understanding of the behaviour and form of the social, economic, political and legal systems that govern the modern firm.
- Develop an awareness of the wider regulatory environment, both within and outside the boundaries of the firm.
- Examine similarities and differences which exist across different corporate governance systems in both the UK and other modern nation states.
- Understand the roles through which corporate governance is realised, including the role of the board of directors, the rights and responsibilities of company owners and the positions of other stakeholders in the firm.
Exam (Centrally Scheduled)