Globalization and Multinational Corporation
Rhedir gan Bangor Business School
10.000 Credyd neu 5.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Prof Bernardo Batiz-Lazo
To describe and assess the emergence and evolution of the modern day multinational, multidivisional business enterprise (MNC) in Britain in the context of globalisation, its relation with the state and its interaction with other organisational forms (namely family firms and mutuals). An important part of the course will involve examining and reflecting upon mutiple points of view regarding diverse topics.
Globalisation and its discontent; Engines of growth; Business and the state; Big Business; The Chandlerian firm; Business groups, mutuals and co-operatives; Technology and the digital economy; Business and business schools; Excellent firms - a longitudinal analysis (Presentations).
D- to D+ (40-49%): No major omissions or inaccuracies in the deployment of information/skills. Some grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Integration of theory/practice/information present intermittently in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives.
B- to B+ (60-69%): Very good performance Most of the relevant information accurately deployed. Good grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
A- to A+ (70%+): Outstanding Performance. The relevant information accurately deployed. Excellent grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practice elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Strong evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
C- i C+
C- to C+ (50-59%): Much of the relevant information and skills mostly accurately deployed. Adequate grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Fair integration of theory/practice/information in the pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Some evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
Ascertain the process of globalization from the perspective of the enterprise.
Recognise the large number of cultural, political, social and economic factors relevant to explaining how business organisations have evolved.
Apply significant facts of business history to other studies within management.
Know significant facts, events and developments relevant to business and managers who work in an international setting.
Understand the complexity that is involved in longitudinal studies of business organisations.
The presentation will combine discussion during lectures and a summary of the work done throughout the module
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
One 2-hour lecture every week. Participants will be expected to take an active role through in class discussion.
Participants will be expected to prepare for lectures by reading from the set book in advance. They will also be expected to search for suitable material for their assignments.
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Ymwybyddiaeth o ddiogelwch - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch amgylchedd a hyder o ran cadw at reoliadau iechyd a diogelwch
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Rheloaeth - Gallu defnyddio, cydlynu a rheoli adnoddau (dynol, ffisegol ac/neu ariannol)
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Problem solving and critical analysis: analysing facts and circumstances to determine the cause of a problem and identifying and selecting appropriate solutions.
- Articulating and effectively explaining information.
- Conceptual and critical thinking, analysis, synthesis and evaluation.
- Self-management: a readiness to accept responsibility and flexibility, to be resilient, self-starting and appropriately assertive, to plan, organise and manage time.
- Self reflection: self-analysis and an awareness/sensitivity to diversity in terms of people and cultures. This includes a continuing appetite for development.
Rhestrau Darllen Bangor (Talis)http://readinglists.bangor.ac.uk/modules/asb-3117.html
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- N105: BSc Business Studies (Bangor International College) year 3 (BSC/BICBS)
- N101: BSc Business Studies year 3 (BSC/BS)
- N10B: BSc Business Studies (4 year with Incorporated Foundation) year 3 (BSC/BS1)
Opsiynol mewn cyrsiau:
- NQ26: BA Astudiaethau Busnes a Chymraeg year 3 (BA/ABCH)
- NN13: BA Business Studies and Finance year 3 (BA/BSF)
- NN14: BA Business Stud & Finance (with International Experience) year 4 (BA/BSFIE)
- N1R1: BA Bus Stud with French year 4 (BA/BSFR)
- N1R2: BA Business Studies with German year 3 (BA/BSGER)
- N1R3: BA Business Studies with Italian year 3 (BA/BSIT)
- NN15: BA Business Studies and Marketing year 3 (BA/BSM)
- 8N60: BA Business Studies and Marketing (with International Exp) year 4 (BA/BSMIE)
- N1R4: BA Business Studies with Spanish year 3 (BA/BSSP)
- N107: BA Business year 3 (BA/BUS)
- NM11: BA Business and Law year 3 (BA/BUSALAW)
- NM1B: BA Business and Law (4 year with Incorporated Foundation) year 3 (BA/BUSLAW1)
- N100: BA Business Studies year 3 (BA/BUSS)
- N102: BA Business Studies (with International Experience) year 4 (BA/BUSSIE)
- N2N4: BA Management with Accounting year 3 (BA/MAF)
- N500: BA Marketing year 3 (BA/MK)
- N5R3: BA Marketing with Italian year 4 (BA/MKITAL)
- N5R1: BA Marketing with French year 4 (BA/MKTFR)
- N5R2: BA Marketing with German year 4 (BA/MKTGER)
- N5R4: BA Marketing with Spanish year 4 (BA/MKTSP#)
- N106: BSc Business Stud & Finance (Bangor International College) year 3 (BSC/BICBSF)
- NN24: BSc Management with Account (Bangor International College) year 3 (BSC/BICMNA)
- N503: BSc Marketing (Bangor International College) year 3 (BSC/BICMRK)
- NN1H: BSc Business Studies and Finance year 3 (BSC/BSFIN)
- NN1J: BSc Business Studies and Finance (4 year with Incorp Found) year 3 (BSC/BSFIN1)
- NNM1: BSc Business Studies & Marketing with Intl Experience year 4 (BSC/BSMIE)
- NN1M: BSc Business Studies and Marketing year 3 (BSC/BSMKT)
- NN1K: BSc Business Studies & Marketing (4 year with Incorp Found) year 3 (BSC/BSMKT1)
- N501: BSc Marketing year 3 (BSC/MKT)
- N50B: BSc Marketing (4 year with Incorporated Foundation) year 3 (BSC/MKT1)
- N2NK: BSc Management with Accounting year 3 (BSC/MWACC)
- N2NL: BSc Management with Accounting (4 year with Incorp Found) year 3 (BSC/MWACC1)