International Business & Global Competency
Rhedir gan Bangor Business School
20.000 Credyd neu 10.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Mr Stephen Jones
The OECD defines global competence as “the capacity to examine local, global and intercultural issues, to understand and appreciate the perspectives and world views of others”. This module builds that ‘social competence’ perspective into the study of international business to provide an understanding of the forces driving globalisation, and their implications for countries, industries and organisations. To explore the benefits and challenges of implementing various methods of conducting international business.
Topics may include but not be limited to - Globalisation and international business; Cultural perspectives on developing global competency; Challenges of operating in an international environment; Role of governments in international business; Economic, cultural/behavioural explanations of international business; Cultural influences on the range of international transaction modes; Creating a Global Value Chain; Selecting countries and modes of entry; Challenges of implementing international business strategy.
C- i C+
C- to C+ (50-59%): Much of the relevant information and skills mostly accurately deployed. Adequate grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Fair integration of theory/practice/information in the pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Some evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
A- to A+ (70%+): Outstanding Performance. The relevant information accurately deployed. Excellent grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practice elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Strong evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
B- to B+ (60-69%): Very good performance Most of the relevant information accurately deployed. Good grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
D- to D+ (40-49%): No major omissions or inaccuracies in the deployment of information/skills. Some grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Integration of theory/practice/information present intermittently in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives.
Assess the forces of globalisation and their impact on nations and organisations.
Apply the theories of international trade & business to the behaviour of governments and companies.
Generate effective implementation strategies for international business.
Develop personal Global Competence and recognise its application in the business environment.
|GWAITH CWRS||The Development of Personal Global Competence||
Reflection on the student's own Personal Global Competence
|GWAITH CWRS||Analysis of an International Business situation||
Analysis of an International Business situation using frameworks from the module.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Lecture and class discussions.
Research, essential reading.
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Rheloaeth - Gallu defnyddio, cydlynu a rheoli adnoddau (dynol, ffisegol ac/neu ariannol)
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
- Arweinyddiaeth - Gallu arwain a rheoli, datblygu cynlluniau gweithredu ac amcanion, cynnig arweiniad a chyfarwyddyd i eraill, ac ymdopi â'r pwysau sy'n gysylltiedig ag awdurdod o'r fath
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- People management: to include communications, team building, leadership and motivating others.
- Problem solving and critical analysis: analysing facts and circumstances to determine the cause of a problem and identifying and selecting appropriate solutions.
- Research: the ability to analyse and evaluate a range of business data, sources of information and appropriate methodologies, which includes the need for strong digital literacy, and to use that research for evidence-based decision-making.
- Commercial acumen: based on an awareness of the key drivers for business success, causes of failure and the importance of providing customer satisfaction and building customer loyalty.
- Innovation, creativity and enterprise: the ability to act entrepreneurially to generate, develop and communicate ideas, manage and exploit intellectual property, gain support, and deliver successful outcomes.
- Networking: an awareness of the interpersonal skills of effective listening, negotiating, persuasion and presentation and their use in generating business contacts.
- Ability to work with people from a range of cultures.
- Articulating and effectively explaining information.
- Building and maintaining relationships.
- Communication and listening including the ability to produce clear, structured business communications in a variety of media.
- Emotional intelligence and empathy.
- Conceptual and critical thinking, analysis, synthesis and evaluation.
- Self-management: a readiness to accept responsibility and flexibility, to be resilient, self-starting and appropriately assertive, to plan, organise and manage time.
- Self reflection: self-analysis and an awareness/sensitivity to diversity in terms of people and cultures. This includes a continuing appetite for development.
Rhestrau Darllen Bangor (Talis)http://readinglists.bangor.ac.uk/modules/asb-3122.html
Daniels J, Radebaugh H. & Sullivan, D. (2018) “International business: Environments & operations” , 16th ed, Pearson, ISBN-13: 978-1292214733
Porter M.E. (1998) “The Competitive Advantage of Nations”, Macmillan Business, ISBN-13: 978-0333736425
World Economic Forum (2018) “The Global Competitiveness Report 2018”, ISBN-13: 978-92-95044-76-0, & http://reports.weforum.org/global-competitiveness-report-2018/
Rhagofynion a Chydofynion
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- N102: BA Business Studies (with International Experience) year 4 (BA/BUSSIE)
- N109: BSc Bus Analytics w Financial Tech year 3 (BSC/BAFT)
- N201: BSc Business Management (Bangor Uni International College) year 3 (BSC/BICBM)
- N202: BSc Business Man & Finance (Bangor Uni International Coll) year 3 (BSC/BICBMF)
- N105: BSc Business Studies (Bangor International College) year 3 (BSC/BICBS)
- N106: BSc Business Stud & Finance (Bangor International College) year 3 (BSC/BICBSF)
- N200: BSc Business Management year 3 (BSC/BM)
- N20B: BSc Business Management (4 year with Incorp Foundation) year 3 (BSC/BM1)
- NN23: BSc Business Management and Finance year 3 (BSC/BMF)
- NN2B: BSc Business Man & Finance (4 year with Incorp Foundation) year 3 (BSC/BMF1)
- N20F: BSc Business Management year 3 (BSC/BMFF)
- NN2F: BSc Business Management and Finance year 3 (BSC/BMFINF)
- NN2P: Business Management and Finance with Placement Year year 4 (BSC/BMFP)
- N2N5: BSc Business Management and Marketing year 3 (BSC/BMM)
- N2NC: BSc Business Man & Marketing (4 yr with Incorp Foundation) year 3 (BSC/BMM1)
- N5NF: BSc Business Management and Marketing year 3 (BSC/BMMF)
- N5NP: BSc Business Management and Marketing with Placement Year year 4 (BSC/BMMP)
- N20P: BSc Business Management with Placement Year year 4 (BSC/BMPP)
- N101: BSc Business Studies year 3 (BSC/BS)
- N10B: BSc Business Studies (4 year with Incorporated Foundation) year 3 (BSC/BS1)
- NN1H: BSc Business Studies and Finance year 3 (BSC/BSFIN)
- NN1J: BSc Business Studies and Finance (4 year with Incorp Found) year 3 (BSC/BSFIN1)
- NNM1: BSc Business Studies & Marketing with Intl Experience year 4 (BSC/BSMIE)
- NN1M: BSc Business Studies and Marketing year 3 (BSC/BSMKT)
- NN1K: BSc Business Studies & Marketing (4 year with Incorp Found) year 3 (BSC/BSMKT1)
- C8N2: BSc Psychology with Business Management year 3 (BSC/PBM)
- 2R87: BSc Psychology with Business year 3 (BSC/PWB)
Opsiynol mewn cyrsiau:
- N2T1: BA Business Management and Chinese year 4 (BA/BMCH)
- N2R1: BA Business Management and French year 4 (BA/BMFR)
- N2R2: BA Business Management and German year 4 (BA/BMG)
- N2R3: BA Business Management and Italian year 4 (BA/BMI)
- N2M1: BA Business Management and Law year 3 (BA/BML)
- N2MB: BA Business Man & Law (4 year with Incorp Foundation) year 3 (BA/BML1)
- N2R4: BA Business Management and Spanish year 4 (BA/BMS)
- N107: BA Business year 3 (BA/BUS)
- NM11: BA Business and Law year 3 (BA/BUSALAW)
- NM1B: BA Business and Law (4 year with Incorporated Foundation) year 3 (BA/BUSLAW1)
- N5R3: BA Marketing with Italian year 4 (BA/MKITAL)
- N5R1: BA Marketing with French year 4 (BA/MKTFR)
- N5R6: Marketing with French with International Experience year 4 (BA/MKTFRIE)
- N5R2: BA Marketing with German year 4 (BA/MKTGER)
- N5R4: BA Marketing with Spanish year 4 (BA/MKTSP#)
- L190: BSc Business Economics year 3 (BSC/BEC)
- L19B: BSc Business Economics (4 year with Incorporated Foundation) year 3 (BSC/BEC1)
- L19F: BSc Business and Economics year 3 (BSC/BECF)
- L191: BSc Business Economics with International Experience year 4 (BSC/BECIE)
- L19P: BSc Business Economics with Placement Year year 4 (BSC/BECP)
- L192: BSc Business Economics (Bangor International College) year 3 (BSC/BICBE)
- N503: BSc Marketing (Bangor International College) year 3 (BSC/BICMRK)
- NBR1: BSc Business Management with French year 4 (BSC/BMFR)
- NBR2: BSc Business Management with German year 4 (BSC/BMG)
- NBR3: BSc Business Management with Italian year 4 (BSC/BMI)
- NBR4: BSc Business Management with Spanish year 4 (BSC/BMS)
- N501: BSc Marketing year 3 (BSC/MKT)
- N50B: BSc Marketing (4 year with Incorporated Foundation) year 3 (BSC/MKT1)
- N50F: BSc Marketing year 3 (BSC/MKTF)
- N50P: BSc Marketing with Placement Year year 4 (BSC/MKTP)