Trends in Marketing
Rhedir gan Bangor Business School
10.000 Credyd neu 5.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Mr Stephen Jones
The aim of this module is to develop students' understanding of contemporary issues and trends in marketing. Students will develop the ability to apply core marketing principles to the analysis of contemporary issues and practices in marketing. Students will also be able to critically analyse the effect of current marketing practices on the wider society.
Given the nature of this module, the content is updated frequently and may vary from year to year. The module will cover current trends in marketing such as New technologies and their use in marketing; Automation; Artificial Intelligence; Circular Economy.
High standard (B- to B+ / 60-69%): Very good performance. Most of the relevant information accurately deployed. Good grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
(A- to A* / 70+%) An outstanding performance, exceptionally able. The relevant information accurately deployed. Excellent grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practice elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Strong evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
C- i C+
C- to C+ (C- to C+ / 50-59%) Much of the relevant information and skills mostly accurately deployed. Adequate grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Fair integration of theory/practice/information in the pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Some evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
(D- to D+ / 40-49%) No major omissions or inaccuracies in the deployment of information/skills. Some grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Integration of theory/practice/information present intermittently in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives.
Apply marketing principles, analytical and critical skills to contemporary marketing issues and problems
Analyse the challenges and opportunities of contemporary business practices for companies.
Demonstrate a thorough understanding of current issues and trends in marketing
Analyse the impact of contemporary marketing practices on consumers and the wider society.
Students will individually be given a company, which they will need to analyse in light of the contemporary trends in business covered in the Module.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Lecture 2 hour lectures across Semester 2.
Research, essential reading.
Regular seminars throughout semester - students will be asked to prepare and give presentations
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Problem solving and critical analysis: analysing facts and circumstances to determine the cause of a problem and identifying and selecting appropriate solutions.
- Research: the ability to analyse and evaluate a range of business data, sources of information and appropriate methodologies, which includes the need for strong digital literacy, and to use that research for evidence-based decision-making.
- Commercial acumen: based on an awareness of the key drivers for business success, causes of failure and the importance of providing customer satisfaction and building customer loyalty.
- Networking: an awareness of the interpersonal skills of effective listening, negotiating, persuasion and presentation and their use in generating business contacts.
- Ability to work with people from a range of cultures.
- Articulating and effectively explaining information.
- Communication and listening including the ability to produce clear, structured business communications in a variety of media.
- Conceptual and critical thinking, analysis, synthesis and evaluation.
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- NN15: BA Business Studies and Marketing year 3 (BA/BSM)
- 8N60: BA Business Studies and Marketing (with International Exp) year 4 (BA/BSMIE)
- R1N1: BA French with Marketing year 4 (BA/FRMKT)
- R2N1: BA German with Marketing year 4 (BA/GERMKT)
- N500: BA Marketing year 3 (BA/MK)
- R4N5: BA Spanish with Marketing year 4 (BA/SPMKT)
- N503: BSc Marketing (Bangor International College) year 3 (BSC/BICMRK)
- NNM1: BSc Business Studies & Marketing with Intl Experience year 4 (BSC/BSMIE)
- NN1M: BSc Business Studies and Marketing year 3 (BSC/BSMKT)
- NN1K: BSc Business Studies & Marketing (4 year with Incorp Found) year 3 (BSC/BSMKT1)
- N501: BSc Marketing year 3 (BSC/MKT)
- N50B: BSc Marketing (4 year with Incorporated Foundation) year 3 (BSC/MKT1)