International Experience Placement Module
Rhedir gan School of Natural Sciences
15.000 Credydau neu 7.500 Credyd ECTS
Semester 1 a 2
Trefnydd: Dr Daniel Thornham
The International Experience Placement Module (IEPM) provides an opportunity for you to extend your understanding of your degree subject area by a period of study abroad. The module will also raise your awareness of cross-cultural and transnational issues as they apply both within and outside the degree subject. It is expected that the module, as part of your degree course, will enhance you student experience and employment opportunities.
There are two versions of the module - 15 credits and 30 credits. Students will normally register for the 30cr. version and only take the 15cr. version if, due to extenuating circumstances, they are unable to complete credits abroad, or if their placement is for one semester only.
The BSS-2006 code refers to the 15 credit version taken between levels 4 & 5.
Each student will spend an extended period studying at a Host Institution overseas. During the module you will pursue studies relevant to your degree subject area. You will also learn about the country in which you are based, with particular emphasis on understanding and applying subject-specific knowledge in a different cultural setting. The content of the curriculum will be designed for each student in discussion with the Host Institution and will include elements of directed learning/supervision.
There are weaknesses in the way that the report is structured, resulting in repetition and/or lack of clarity. It contains descriptive text relating to the knowledge acquired by the student but with evidence that the descriptions have not been fully developed. Knowledge directly related to the student’s degree subject is described but with little emphasis on any other knowledge acquired. There is little analysis of the cultural influences on the interpretation and application of subject-specific knowledge and there is no evidence of critical evaluation. The report includes content in which the student evaluates the learning experience, mainly as a retrospective description of the placement experience with little emphasis on how the experiences might shape future learning.
The report is logically structured and with threads that create a holistic, coherent whole. It contains detailed and insightful descriptive text relating to the knowledge acquired by the student. Knowledge directly and indirectly related to the student’s degree subject is described with some exploration of the synergies between the various sources of knowledge. There is a well argued, critical analysis of the cultural influences on the interpretation and application of subject-specific knowledge. The report includes substantial content in which the student evaluates the learning experience, both as a retrospective description of the placement experience and as a critical reflection on how the experiences might shape future learning. Generic SBS or CNS criteria or assessment-specific
The report is logically structured. It contains detailed descriptive text relating to the knowledge acquired by the student. Knowledge directly and indirectly related to the student’s degree subject is described. There is some analysis of the cultural influences on the interpretation and application of subject-specific knowledge but there is little critical evaluation. The report includes substantial content in which the student evaluates the learning experience, mainly as a retrospective description of the placement experience with only some emphasis on how the experiences might shape future learning.
- Have acquired knowledge that will contribute to their general understanding of their degree subject area and that can be applied to their studies in subsequent modules at Levels 5 and 6.
- Appreciate how understanding and application of subject-specific knowledge is influenced by multi-cultural and transnational issues.
|Report or Blog Portfolio||100.00|
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
students will normally be expected to undertake study, research or work placement consistent with that typical for a full-time undergraduate academic year (i.e. equivalent of 60cr. or 600hrs). This should include extensive self-study, bearing in mind that a 15-credit module should normally be supported by 135hrs self-study.
- Literacy - Proficiency in reading and writing through a variety of media
- Self-Management - Able to work unsupervised in an efficient, punctual and structured manner. To examine the outcomes of tasks and events, and judge levels of quality and importance
- Exploring - Able to investigate, research and consider alternatives
- Inter-personal - Able to question, actively listen, examine given answers and interact sentistevely with others
- Critical analysis & Problem Solving - Able to deconstruct and analyse problems or complex situations. To find solutions to problems through analyses and exploration of all possibilities using appropriate methods, rescources and creativity.
- Safety-Consciousness - Having an awareness of your immediate environment, and confidence in adhering to health and safety regulations
- Presentation - Able to clearly present information and explanations to an audience. Through the written or oral mode of communication accurately and concisely.
- Management - Able to utilise, coordinate and control resources (human, physical and/or financial)
- Self-awareness & Reflectivity - Having an awareness of your own strengths, weaknesses, aims and objectives. Able to regularly review, evaluate and reflect upon the performance of yourself and others
Rhestr ddarllen Talishttp://readinglists.bangor.ac.uk/modules/bss-2006.html
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- C512: BSc Biology with Biotechnology with International Experience year 2 (BSC/BIOTIE)
- C102: BSc Biology (with International Experience) year 2 (BSC/BITE)
- C305: BSc Zoology with Animal Behaviour (with International Exp) year 2 (BSC/ZABIE)
- C327: BSc Zoology with Climate Change Studies w International Exp year 2 (BSC/ZCCIE)
- C3L3: BSc Zoology with Conservation with International Experience year 2 (BSC/ZCIE)
- C307: BSc Zoology with Herpetology (with International Experience) year 2 (BSC/ZHIE)
- C324: BSc Zoology with International Experience year 2 (BSC/ZIE)
- C3C1: BSc Zoology with Marine Zoology (with International Exp) year 2 (BSC/ZMB)
- C325: MZool Zoology with Animal Behaviour with International Exp year 2 (MZOOL/ZAIE)
- CD35: MZool Zoology with Conservation w International Experience year 2 (MZOOL/ZCIE)
- C326: MZool Zoology with Herpetology with International Experience year 2 (MZOOL/ZHIE)
- C354: MZool Zoology with Marine Zoology with International Exp. year 2 (MZOOL/ZMZI)
- C306: MZool Zoology (with International Experience) year 2 (MZOOL/ZOIE)