Rhedir gan School of Natural Sciences
30.000 Credyd neu 15.000 Credyd ECTS
Semester 1 a 2
Trefnydd: Dr Daniel Thornham
The International Experience Placement Module (IEPM) provides an opportunity for you to extend your understanding of your degree subject area by a period of study abroad. The module will also raise your awareness of cross-cultural and transnational issues as they apply both within and outside the degree subject. It is expected that the module, as part of your degree course, will enhance you student experience and employment opportunities.
There are two versions of the module - 15 credits and 30 credits. This BSS-3007 code refers to the 30 credit version taken by students between levels 5 & 7 or after level 7.
Each student will spend an extended period studying at a Host Institution overseas. During the module you will pursue studies relevant to your degree subject area. You will also learn about the country in which you are based, with particular emphasis on understanding and applying subject-specific knowledge in a different cultural setting. The content of the curriculum will be designed for each student in discussion with the Host Institution and will include elements of directed learning/supervision.
There are weaknesses in the way that the report is structured, resulting in repetition and/or lack of clarity. It contains descriptive text relating to the knowledge acquired by the student but with evidence that the descriptions have not been fully developed. Knowledge directly related to the student’s degree subject is described but with little emphasis on any other knowledge acquired. There is little analysis of the cultural influences on the interpretation and application of subject-specific knowledge and there is no evidence of critical evaluation. The report includes content in which the student evaluates the learning experience, mainly as a retrospective description of the placement experience with little emphasis on how the experiences might shape future learning.
The report is logically structured. It contains detailed descriptive text relating to the knowledge acquired by the student. Knowledge directly and indirectly related to the student’s degree subject is described. There is some analysis of the cultural influences on the interpretation and application of subject-specific knowledge but there is little critical evaluation. The report includes substantial content in which the student evaluates the learning experience, mainly as a retrospective description of the placement experience with only some emphasis on how the experiences might shape future learning.
The report is logically structured and with threads that create a holistic, coherent whole. It contains detailed and insightful descriptive text relating to the knowledge acquired by the student. Knowledge directly and indirectly related to the student’s degree subject is described with some exploration of the synergies between the various sources of knowledge. There is a well argued, critical analysis of the cultural influences on the interpretation and application of subject-specific knowledge. The report includes substantial content in which the student evaluates the learning experience, both as a retrospective description of the placement experience and as a critical reflection on how the experiences might shape future learning.
- Have acquired knowledge that will contribute to their general understanding of their degree subject area and that can be applied to their studies in subsequent modules at Levels 6 or 7.
- Appreciate how understanding and application of subject-specific knowledge is influenced by multi-cultural and transnational issues.
- Be able to evaluate their learning experience in a general and subject-specific context.
|ADDRODDIAD||Report or Blog Portfolio||
Date refers to the final deadline of the written report. Students choosing to submit monthly blogs should submit a minimum of six, each one by the last Friday of each month of their placement.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
For the 30cr. version of the module, students will normally be expected to undertake study, research or work placement consistent with that typical for a full-time undergraduate academic year (i.e. equivalent of 120cr. or 1200hrs). This should include extensive self-study, bearing in mind that a 30-credit module should normally be supported by 270hrs self-study.
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Ymwybyddiaeth o ddiogelwch - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch amgylchedd a hyder o ran cadw at reoliadau iechyd a diogelwch
- Rheloaeth - Gallu defnyddio, cydlynu a rheoli adnoddau (dynol, ffisegol ac/neu ariannol)
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
Rhestrau Darllen Bangor (Talis)http://readinglists.bangor.ac.uk/modules/bss-3007.html
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- C102: BSc Biology (with International Experience) year 2 (BSC/BITE)
- C305: BSc Zoology with Animal Behaviour (with International Exp) year 2 (BSC/ZABIE)
- C3L3: BSc Zoology with Conservation with International Experience year 2 (BSC/ZCIE)
- C324: BSc Zoology with International Experience year 2 (BSC/ZIE)
- C3C1: BSc Zoology with Marine Zoology (with International Exp) year 2 (BSC/ZMB)
- C325: MZool Zoology with Animal Behaviour with International Exp year 2 (MZOOL/ZAIE)
- C306: MZool Zoology (with International Experience) year 2 (MZOOL/ZOIE)