Rhedir gan School of Natural Sciences
15.000 Credyd neu 7.500 Credyd ECTS
Semester 1 a 2
Trefnydd: Dr Sopan Patil
The International Experience Placement module provides an opportunity for students to extend their understanding of their degree subject area by a period of study or work abroad. The module will also raise students' awareness of cross-cultural and transnational issues as they apply both within and outside their degree subject. It is expected that the module, as part of their degree course, will enhance students’ experience and employment opportunities.
Each student will spend an extended period studying at a Host Institution or working overseas. During the module students will be encouraged to pursue studies or work relevant to the degree subject area. They will also learn about the country in which they are based, with particular emphasis on understanding and applying subject-specific knowledge in a different cultural setting. The content of the module will be designed for each student in discussion with the Host Institution/Organisation and will include elements of directed learning and/or supervision.
(Grade D- to C+). There are weaknesses in the way that the report is structured, resulting in repetition and/or lack of clarity. It contains descriptive text relating to the knowledge acquired by the student but with evidence that the descriptions have not been fully developed. Knowledge directly related to the student’s degree subject is described but with little emphasis on any other knowledge acquired. There is little analysis of the cultural influences on the interpretation and application of subject-specific knowledge and there is no evidence of critical evaluation. The report includes content in which the student evaluates her/his learning experience, mainly as a retrospective description of the placement experience with little emphasis on how the experiences might shape future learning.
(Grade B- to B+). The report is logically structured. It contains detailed descriptive text relating to the knowledge acquired by the student. Knowledge directly and indirectly related to the student’s degree subject is described. There is some analysis of the cultural influences on the interpretation and application of subject-specific knowledge but there is little critical evaluation. The report includes substantial content in which the student evaluates her/his learning experience, mainly as a retrospective description of the placement experience with only some emphasis on how the experiences might shape future learning.
(Grade A- to A**). The report is logically structured and with threads that create a holistic, coherent whole. It contains detailed and insightful descriptive text relating to the knowledge acquired by the student. Knowledge directly and indirectly related to the student’s degree subject is described with some exploration of the synergies between the various sources of knowledge. There is a well argued, critical analysis of the cultural influences on the interpretation and application of subject-specific knowledge. The report includes substantial content in which the student evaluates her/his learning experience, both as a retrospective description of the placement experience and as a critical reflection on how the experiences might shape future learning.
Have acquired knowledge that will enhance their detailed understanding of their degree subject area.
Critically evaluated how understanding and application of subject-specific knowledge is influenced by multi-cultural and transnational issues.
|GWAITH CWRS||Placement report||
Report not exceeding 4,000 words. The report will assess Learning Outcomes 1-2. The report will be based on what the student has learnt during the placement, including knowledge relevant to their subject area.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Notional learning hours are 1200. This equates to a minimum placement of 30 weeks (at 40 hrs/week) or two semester terms. The time allocated to the taught elements and private study will vary depending on the arrangements for each placement, as will the format of the taught elements.
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Ymwybyddiaeth o ddiogelwch - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch amgylchedd a hyder o ran cadw at reoliadau iechyd a diogelwch
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Recognize and apply appropriate theories and concepts from a range of disciplines.
- Apply subject knowledge to the understanding and addressing of problems.
- Appreciation of the reciprocal nature of human-environmental relationships.
- Demonstrate awareness of the importance of risk assessment and relevant legislation
Rhestrau Darllen Bangor (Talis)http://readinglists.bangor.ac.uk/modules/dxx-9008.html
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- L701: BA Geography (with International Experience) year 3 (BA/GEOGIE)
- C184: BSc App Terrestrial & Marine Ecology with Intl Experience year 3 (BSC/ATMEIE)
- D503: BSc Conservation with Forestry with International Experience year 3 (BSC/CFIE)
- D451: BSc Environmental Conservation (International Experience) year 3 (BSC/ENIE)
- 8U71: BSc Environmental Science (with International Experience) year 3 (BSC/ESIE)
- D502: BSc Forestry with International Experience year 3 (BSC/FIE)
- F804: BSc Geography with Environmental Forestry year 3 (BSC/GEF4)
- F802: BSc Geography (with International Experience) year 3 (BSC/GEOGIE)
- D514: MFor Forestry with International Experience year 3 (MFOR/FORIE)
- F805: MGeog Geography with International Experience year 3 (MGEOG/GIE)