Business & Enterprise Prog
Rhedir gan School of Computer Science and Electronic Engineering
20 Credyd neu 10 Credyd ECTS
Semester 1 a 2
Trefnydd: Dr Cameron Gray
This module aims to:
- provide a grouding in contemporary technologies and practices used in industry.
- expose students to underlying theory of modern applications.
- instil a sense of real-world applications, their design and structure.
- provide practical experience of data driven applications.
- further students knowledge of a programming language suited to their programme.
Indicative content includes:
- Modern Web UIs; construction and features.
- Threading and Thread safety.
- Database programming.
- HTTP variables and information exchange.
- Modern software project management tools.
- XML parsing, schemas and its use for information exchange.
Equivalent to 40%. Uses key areas of theory or knowledge to meet the Learning Outcomes of the module. Is able to formulate an appropriate solution to accurately solve tasks and questions. Can identify individual aspects, but lacks an awareness of links between them and the wider contexts. Outputs can be understood, but lack structure and/or coherence.
Equivalent to the range 60%-69%. Is able to analyse a task or problem to decide which aspects of theory and knowledge to apply. Solutions are of a workable quality, demonstrating understanding of underlying principles. Major themes can be linked appropriately but may not be able to extend this to individual aspects. Outputs are readily understood, with an appropriate structure but may lack sophistication.
Equivalent to the range 70%+. Assemble critically evaluated, relevent areas of knowledge and theory to constuct professional-level solutions to tasks and questions presented. Is able to cross-link themes and aspects to draw considered conclusions. Presents outputs in a cohesive, accurate, and efficient manner.
Employ appropriate tools to support the software development process.
Design and develop modern UIs for business applications.
Develop data-driven web-based software.
Utilise appropriate data formats for information exchange between systems.
|PRAWF DOSBARTH||Class Test 1||
Class test 1 focusing on theoretical aspects such as thread safety and validation.
|LLYFR LOG NEU BORTFFOLIO||Laboratory Programs||
A collection of preparatory practical exercises completed individually.
|GWAITH CWRS||Group Project||
A group-based project embodying a business application.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Traditional Lecture (2 hrs x 12)
Live code seminars (S1 - 1 hr x 12; S2 2 hrs x 12)
Private study including completing indiviudal assessments.
Group Development Project.
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Knowledge and understanding of facts, concepts, principles & theories
- Use of such knowledge in modelling and design
- Problem solving strategies
- Deploy theory in design, implementation and evaluation of systems
- Knowledge of management techniques to achieve objectives
- Knowledge of information security issues
- Specify, design or construct computer-based systems
- Deploy tools effectively
- Work as a member of a development team
- Development of general transferable skills
- Deploy systems to meet business goals
- Methods, techniques and tools for information modelling, management and security
- Knowledge of systems architecture
- Specify, deploy, verify and maintain information systems
- Defining problems, managing design process and evaluating outcomes
- System Design
- Knowledge and understanding of computational modelling
- Specify, deploy, verify and maintain computer-based systems
- Principles of appropriate supporting engineering and scientific disciplines
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- G400: BSC Computer Science year 2 (BSC/CS)
- G40B: BSc Computer Science (4 year with Incorporated Foundation) year 2 (BSC/CS1)
- G40F: BSc Computer Science year 2 (BSC/CSF)
- I103: BSc Computer Science with Game Design year 2 (BSC/CSGD)
- I102: BSc Computer Science (with International Experience) year 2 (BSC/CSIE)
- H118: BSc Data Science & Artificial Intelligencetellig year 2 (BSC/DSAI)
- H113: BSc Data Science and Machine Learning year 2 (BSC/DSML)
- H114: BSc Data Science and Visualisation year 2 (BSC/DSV)
- H117: MComp Computer Science year 2 (MCOMP/CS)