Electrical Machines 2023-24
School Of Computer Science And Electronic Engineering
Module - Semester 1 & 2
David Edward Perkins
Indicative content includes:
- Basic principles of electromagnetic machines. Direct Current Generators and Motors.
- Three phase systems.
- Ideal and practical transformers and their circuit models.
- Three phase induction machines and their equivalent circuits
- Three phase transformers.
- Synchronous Generators and Synchronous Motors
- Control of DC and AC motors
- Stability of power systems
- Apply the operating principles and design equations for three phase electrical machines.
- Explain the principles of electromagnetic machines, with particular reference to DC generators and motors.
- Understand and apply the principles of controlling DC and AC motors.
- Understand the foundations of power system stability.