AI & Game Design
AI & Game Design 2023-24
School Of Computer Science And Electronic Engineering
Module - Semester 2
Llyr Ap Cenydd
Indicative content includes:
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies and how they can be used to construct computer games.
- Introduction to the core topic of the application of AI algorithms and approaches in modern computer games.
- Introduction to the appropriate game enabling technologies for designing movement, animation and behaviour for games.
- Introduce how search algorithms can be applied within a game context.
- Introduce Artificial Life concepts and their application in games.
- Provide practical experience of developing AI agents and techniques in a game engine.
- Demonstrate various search and navigation strategies and apply them in developing computer games.
- Describe concerns over professional, moral and ethical issues over exploiting AI in games.
- Discuss the state of the art and future of AI in games.
- Explain the concepts of artificial life, intelligent agents and behaviour-based AI, and how they can be applied when designing video games.
- Explain various AI technologies and how they can be applied to construct computer games.
- Implement AI algorithms and build games using a game engine.
Developed Game + Code