Rhedir gan School of Computer Science and Electronic Engineering
30.000 Credyd neu 15.000 Credyd ECTS
Semester 1 a 2
Trefnydd: Dr Cameron Gray
The International Experience Placement modules provide an opportunity for students to extend their understanding of their degree subject area by a period of study/employment abroad. The module will also raise students' awareness of cross-cultural and transnational issues as they apply both within and outside their degree subject. It is expected that the modules, as part of their degree course, will enhance students’ experience and employment opportunities.
Each student will spend an extended period studying at a Host Institution or be employed by an organisation overseas. During the module students will pursue activities relevant to the degree subject area. They will also learn about the country in which they are based, with particular emphasis on understanding and applying subject-specific knowledge in a different cultural setting. The content of the modules will be designed for each student in discussion with the host organisation and will include elements of directed learning and/or supervision.
Equivalent to the range 60%-69%. Is able to analyse a task or problem to decide which aspects of theory and knowledge to apply. Solutions are of a workable quality, demonstrating understanding of underlying principles. Major themes can be linked appropriately but may not be able to extend this to individual aspects. Outputs are readily understood, with an appropriate structure but may lack sophistication.
Equivalent to 40%. Uses key areas of theory or knowledge to meet the Learning Outcomes of the module. Is able to formulate an appropriate solution to accurately solve tasks and questions. Can identify individual aspects, but lacks an awareness of links between them and the wider contexts. Outputs can be understood, but lack structure and/or coherence.
Equivalent to the range 70%+. Assemble critically evaluated, relevent areas of knowledge and theory to constuct professional-level solutions to tasks and questions presented. Is able to cross-link themes and aspects to draw considered conclusions. Presents outputs in a cohesive, accurate, and efficient manner.
Recognise and evaluate personal attributes and skills developed as a result of their experience.
Appraise the value of their experience in the context of future employment or study opportunities.
Objectively identify the benefits and value of their experience to completing their academic programme.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Ymwybyddiaeth o ddiogelwch - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch amgylchedd a hyder o ran cadw at reoliadau iechyd a diogelwch
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Solve problems logically and systematically;
- Access and synthesize information and literature sources;
- Use both verbal and written communication skills to different target audiences;
- Demonstrate familiarity with relevant subject specific and general computer software packages.
- Knowledge and understanding of facts, concepts, principles & theories
- Problem solving strategies
- Recognise legal, social, ethical & professional issues
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial and economic issues
- Deploy tools effectively
- Development of general transferable skills
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- I11P: BSc Computer Information Systems with Industrial Placement year 3 (BSC/CISP)
- G40P: BSc Computer Science with Industrial Placement year 3 (BSC/CSIP)
- H61P: Computer Systems Engineering with Industrial Placement year 3 (MENG/CSEP)
- H60P: MEng Electronic Engineering with Industrial Placement year 4 (MENG/EEP)