Designing and Creating Object Oriented Programs
Designing and Creating Object Oriented Programs (Cambria) 2022-23
School Of Computer Science And Electronic Engineering
Module - Semester 1 & 2
Indicative content includes:
● An understanding of the various methods and techniques for program design.
● Interpreting a business scenario to design a specification and create a solution.
● Documenting user requirements and system constraints.
● An understanding of HCI principles for user interface design.
● Object Oriented Principles to include aggregation, inheritance and polymorphism.
● Using a suitable programming language to develop programs.
● User interface design and prototyping (forms and toolbox controls i.e. text boxes, labels, buttons, etc.)
● User interaction (input, events handlers, triggers, message boxes, responses, output, etc.)
● Variables (declaring, types, initialising and use) and Manipulation of data (operators and functions)
● Methods (creation, parameters, scope and use)
● Classes (creation, attributes, operations)
● Interaction with data through a server database (view, update, insert, delete)
● Use of suitable validation and error handling.
● Devising and using a valid test plan to test the final solution.
-threshold -Equivalent to 40%.Uses key areas of theory or knowledge to meet the Learning Outcomes of the module. Is able to formulate an appropriate solution to accurately solve tasks and questions. Can identify individual aspects, but lacks an awareness of links between them and the wider contexts. Outputs can be understood, but lack structure and/or coherence.
-good -Equivalent to the range 60%-69%.Is able to analyse a task or problem to decide which aspects of theory and knowledge to apply. Solutions are of a workable quality, demonstrating understanding of underlying principles. Major themes can be linked appropriately but may not be able to extend this to individual aspects. Outputs are readily understood, with an appropriate structure but may lack sophistication.
-excellent -Equivalent to the range 70%+.Assemble critically evaluated, relevent areas of knowledge and theory to constuct professional-level solutions to tasks and questions presented. Is able to cross-link themes and aspects to draw considered conclusions. Presents outputs in a cohesive, accurate, and efficient manner.
- Design an interactive program with a suitable graphical user interface (GUI).
- Design an object oriented solution to a given scenario.
- Develop a data driven object oriented program with GUI interface to include a server
database as part of a developed solution.
- Develop and test an interactive program with a GUI using a suitable programming
- Devise and use a test plan to carry out unit (individual classes) and complete system testing.
Data Driven Application Design, create and test a complex data driven object orientated application to demonstrate competence using object orientation.
Create Program Design, create and test a small standalone application to demonstrate competence using a graphical programming language.