Rhedir gan School of Human and Behavioural Sciences
40.000 Credydau neu 20.000 Credyd ECTS
Semester 1 a 2
Trefnydd: Dr Tommie Du Preez
The research project module has been developed to give you the opportunity to carry out the research project that you proposed in Year 2. You will already have a supervisor and an outline of your research project and so the purpose of this module is to give you the opportunity for independent study, where you will carry out all aspects of your own research project – from ethical approval, data collection and data analysis to presenting your research findings and submitting your final written work. This modules allows you to produce an original piece of research work and integrate knowledge and skills developed throughout your undergraduate studies.
Supervisory support will form an important part of the teaching method, but ultimately, most of the learning will be student-centred. In this module you will gain experience obtaining ethical approval on your project, before collecting primary data, designed to help answer a research question of particular interest to you and the field. In addition to the supervisory support that you receive, the module teaching staff will provide workshops on gaining ethical approval, how to prepare a verbal/poster presentation and how to present your data in your presentation and final written report. One to one statistics support will also be provided by a postgraduate student. This module provides the opportunity to put into practice the competencies that you have gained throughout your undergraduate studies and across a range of disciplines e.g. subject specific expertise and statistical analytical skills, as well as transferable skills such as critical thinking and being able to disseminate findings effectively.
Most criteria are met to an adequate standard; there may be a wide range in the quality of different components of the research project
Most criteria are met to a good standard; there may be a wide range in the quality of different components of the research project
All components of the research project are met to an excellent standard.
Plan and conduct study designs that test a specific research question and hypotheses;
Gain a basic awareness of ethical issues;
Select, execute and interpret appropriate statistical tests;
Interpret their research findings in relation to current knowledge and indicate how these might inform practice;
Students who successfully complete this module will, with the support of a supervisor, be able to:
Demonstrate an ability to use relevant literature to justify a specific research question and associated hypotheses;
Communicate their research project in poster or oral format, demonstrating an ability to answer questions about the project following the presentation;
Present a written report that effectively communicates the completed, viable, research project and their understanding of it.
|poster/verbal presentation - Content||10.00|
|poster/verbal presentation - Presentation||10.00|
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Supervisory support will form an important part of the teaching method, but ultimately, most of the learning will be student-centred. Module organisers will also provide workshops on gaining ethical approval, how to prepare a verbal/poster presentation and how to present your data in your presentation and final written project. Statistics support will be available from postgraduate students.
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Ymwybyddiaeth o ddiogelwch - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch amgylchedd a hyder o ran cadw at reoliadau iechyd a diogelwch
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Rheloaeth - Gallu defnyddio, cydlynu a rheoli adnoddau (dynol, ffisegol ac/neu ariannol)
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- research and assess paradigms, theories, principles, concepts and factual information, and apply such skills in explaining and solving problems
- critically assess and evaluate data and evidence in the context of research methodologies and data sources
- describe, synthesise, interpret, analyse and evaluate information and data relevant to a professional or vocational context
- plan, design, execute and communicate a sustained piece of independent intellectual work, which provides evidence of critical engagement with, and interpretation of, appropriate data
- develop a sustained reasoned argument, perhaps challenging previously held assumptions
- demonstrate effective written and/or oral communication and presentation skills
- work effectively independently and with others
- take and demonstrate responsibility for their own learning and continuing personal and professional development
- undertake fieldwork with continuous regard for safety and risk assessment.
- demonstrate evidence of competence in the scientific methods of enquiry, and interpretation and analysis of relevant data and statistical outputs.
- communicate succinctly at a level appropriate to different audiences.
- demonstrate effective robust data collection methods
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- R2C6: BA German and Sports Science year 4 (BA/GSPS)
- CR6H: BA Italian/Sports Science year 4 (BA/ITSSC)
- CR6K: BA Spanish/Sports Science year 4 (BA/SPSSC)
- CQ65: BA Cymraeg/Sports Science year 3 (BA/SPSW)
- C611: BSc Adventure Sport Science year 3 (BSC/ASS)
- C883: BSc Clinical Sports Science year 3 (BSC/CLSPS)
- C681: BSc Sport & Exercise Psychology w International Experience year 4 (BSC/SEPIE)
- C61F: BSc Sport & Exercise Science with Foundation Year year 3 (BSC/SESF)
- C680: BSc Sport and Exercise Psychology year 3 (BSC/SEXP)
- C68P: BSc Sport and Exercise Psychology with Placement Year year 4 (BSC/SEXPP)
- C651: BSC Sport- Health & Physical Educ year 3 (BSC/SHPE)
- C600: BSC Sports Science year 3 (BSC/SPS)
- C603: BSc Sports Science - intercalated year 3 (BSC/SPSC)
- C60P: BSc Sport Science with Placement Year year 4 (BSC/SPSP)
- C6N1: BSc Sport Science & Business Management year 3 (BSC/SSB)
- C604: BSc Sports Science (with International Experience) year 4 (BSC/SSIE)
- C6N5: BSc Sport Science & Marketing year 3 (BSC/SSM)
- CN5P: Sport Science and Marketing with Placement Year year 4 (BSC/SSMP)
- C607: MSci Sport Science year 3 (MSCI/SS)
- C613: MSci Sport Science with International Experience year 4 (MSCI/SSIE)
Opsiynol mewn cyrsiau:
- CB69: BSC Sport, Health & Exercise Sci. year 3 (BSC/SHES)
- CB70: BSc Sport, Health & Exercise Science with International Exp year 4 (BSC/SHSIE)
- C612: MSci Adventure Sport Science year 3 (MSCI/ASS)
- C608: MSci Sport, Health and Exercise Sciences year 3 (MSCI/SHS)