Italian Language 2 (3 Major)
Rhedir gan School of Arts, Culture and Language
40.000 Credyd neu 20.000 Credyd ECTS
Semester 1 a 2
Trefnydd: Dr Silvia Bergamini
- To consolidate key areas of advanced grammar.
- To further develop advanced test translation skills into and out of the target language.
- To develop oral and aural skills to a high standard through exposure to a wide range of audio visual material.
- To promote appropriate use of style and register in written and oral work.
- To develop and refine advanced skills in structured formal essay writing and paraphrasing tasks.
Students on this module will be working towards achieving C1/C2 on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
This 30 credit module running throughout the year promotes appropriate use of style and register in all written and oral work and ensures that students can deal with variations in register and idiomatic expression in a confident and accurate manner. Through exposure to selected texts, complex grammatical structures and audiovisual materials, students acquire reading, writing, aural and oral skills which match the required standard of final year linguists.
Webpages: www.rainews.it www.repubblica.it
Any other learning resources: Writing classes dossier; Translation classes dossier.
40-49%: A limited knowledge of vocabulary and grammar and a limited ability to translate and paraphrase the prescribed range of texts. In translation, poor ability to retain the original meaning of the text and to reproduce the author’s style. Basic oral/aural competence.
50-69%: A good knowledge of vocabulary and grammar and a good ability to translate and paraphrase the prescribed range of texts. In translation, good ability to retain the original meaning of the text and to reproduce the author’s style. Good oral/aural competence.
70+%: An excellent knowledge of vocabulary and grammar and an excellent ability to translate and paraphrase the prescribed range of texts. In translation, excellent ability to retain the original meaning of the text and to reproduce the author’s style. Excellent oral/aural competence.
Demonstrate in essay and translation work a sophisticated command of both Italian and English/Welsh that is alive to the rhetorical range of both languages.
To understand and process complex texts and audiovisual materials varying in style, tone and register and comment on these texts in a concise and fluent manner.
Display an ability in oral work to present in fluent Italian arguments that could be followed by native speakers of Italian with comparative ease.
Demonstrate an ability to communicate fluently and accurately in the TL.
High level of aural proficiency.
|Essay (500 words)||10.00|
|Article summary / paraphrase||10.00|
|Book/ Film review - Oral||20.00|
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
1 x 1 hour translation class per week for 11 weeks per semester 1 x 1 hour applied language skills class per week for 11 weeks per semester 1 x 1 hour conversation class per week for 11 weeks per semester
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
Rhagofynion a Chydofynion
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- T117: BA Chinese & Italian with French year 4 (BA/CHIF)
- T118: BA Chinese & Italian with German year 4 (BA/CHIG)
- T119: BA Chinese & Italian with Spanish year 4 (BA/CHIS)
- R916: BA French, German & Italian year 4 (BA/FGI4#)
- R920: French, German and Italian with International Experience year 4 (BA/FGI4IE)
- R918: BA French & Italian with German year 4 (BA/FIG4)
- R919: BA French & Italian with Spanish year 4 (BA/FIS4)
- R917: BA French, Italian & Spanish year 4 (BA/FIS4#)
- R921: BA German & Italian with French year 4 (BA/GIF4)
- R924: BA German & Italian with Spanish year 3 (BA/GIS4)
- R925: BA German, Italian & Spanish year 4 (BA/GIS4#)
- R926: BA Italian & Spanish with French year 3 (BA/ISF4)
- R927: BA Italian & Spanish with German year 3 (BA/ISG4)