Rhedir gan School of Medical and Health Sciences
10.000 Credyd neu 5.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Dr Christopher Staples
The aim of this module is to effectively utilise the knowledge gained throughout the Biomedical Science course in Years 1 and 2 and to develop an in-depth understanding of the symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and underlying molecular pathology of selected human conditions. Students are also encouraged to develop scientific writing skills.
This module will discuss a range of human diseases of diverse aetiology and pathology and include case studies relevant to each of the specialist pathology disciplines.
Category A (70%-100%):
An excellent student should demonstrate in-depth comprehension of the molecular pathology of selected human diseases.
Written answers should demonstrate a very high standard of scientific writing, as well as evidence of comprehension and independent thought. The work should be well-structured, written with clarity, and contain relevant coverage of accurate information as well as demonstrating significant evidence of background reading.
Extensive evidence of wider reading and independent critical thought is required for A+ and A* marks.
Category B (60%-69%):
A good student should demonstrate excellent factual knowledge of the molecular pathology of selected human diseases.
Written answers should demonstrate a high standard of scientific writing, as well as evidence of comprehension and independent thought. The work should be well-structured, written with clarity, and contain relevant coverage of accurate information. Little or no evidence of background reading.
Category D (40%-49%):
A threshold student may demonstrate a basic factual knowledge of the molecular pathology of selected human diseases, limited only to key concepts.
Written answers should demonstrate a reasonable standard of scientific writing. The work is poorly structured, and contains relevant coverage of partly accurate information, although a significant number of minor factual inaccuracies or conceptual errors are present.
C- i C+
Category C (50%-59%):
A less-engaged student should demonstrate reasonable factual knowledge of the molecular pathology of selected human diseases.
Written answers should demonstrate an acceptable standard of scientific writing, as well as evidence of comprehension. The work should be reasonably well-structured, and contain relevant coverage of accurate information although some minor factual inaccuracies or conceptual errors may occur.
Develop an in-depth understanding of the molecular pathology (etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, prognosis) of a range of selected human disease states, including genetics, cell biology and epidemiology where appropriate
Develop and improve scientific writing skills via discussion of human pathologies.
Develop skills of analysis and evaluation of peer-reviewed, published research articles concerning the pathophysiology of human diseases.
|Final MSE-3016 exam||70.00|
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Group meetings to discuss case studies. Preparation of group presentation. Revision for exam and for Biomedical essay topics.
There will be an introductory lecture and a closing lecture. The intervening 7 two-hour lecture slots will each focus on a separate human disease.
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.