Healthcare 1 (Nursing) (B)
Rhedir gan School of Medical and Health Sciences
40.000 Credyd neu 20.000 Credyd ECTS
Semester 1 a 2
Trefnydd: Mrs Gemma Prebble
The aims of this bilingual module are to introduce the common elements of knowledge and skills required for all healthcare practitioners. The module commences preparation for practice by providing the foundations of knowledge and skills which will equip students to meet the expectations of the public, clients, and relevant professional bodies with regards to quality care provision, professional relationships, evidence based care and the recognition of clients/patients’ rights.
This module encompasses a range of content which includes the theories and practice of communication, language sensitivity, reflection, law and ethics, research, quality and safety, evidence based practice and the study skills necessary to enable you to develop as lifelong learners. Some content will be revisited during the profession specific modules to develop your knowledge in a way that is applicable to your profession.
The module also provides an introduction to the skills which are common to all healthcare professionals; basic life support, infection control, manual handling, objective assessments and personal safety.
Understanding of the facts and principles specific to the topics covered in this module, with an ability to apply what is learnt in healthcare practice. Students will be required to achieve a minimum of D- grade in the assignment to in order to pass the theory component of the module.
Good understanding of the facts and principles specific to the topics covered in this module, with an ability to apply what is learnt in healthcare practice. This equates to a minimum mark of Grade C- in the Grading Criteria.
Excellent understanding of the facts and principles specific to the topics covered in this module, ,with an ability to apply what is learnt in healthcare practice. This equates to a minimum mark of Grade A- in the Grading Criteria.
- Demonstrate understanding and use of theories and models of reflection and an awareness of the value of reflection to learning and service improvement.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the research process and how evidence attained from research underpins healthcare practice.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the legal, ethical and professional obligations which are fundamental to the provision of healthcare and professional accountability.
- Demonstrate an understanding of National clinical governance policies and strategies which support patient safety and quality care provision.
- Develop the predisposition and the study skills required to take responsibility for learning, prioritizing workload, and engaging in lifelong learning.
- Demonstrate a level of skill in IT appropriate to their profession to permit the identification and retrieval of relevant information to support the development of learning.
- Demonstrate competent clinical skills relevant to the clinical practice areas.
- Demonstrate your understanding of and ability to utilise appropriate and effective modes of communication in the healthcare and learning environment and make evident how theories of communication support effective communication.
- Demonstrate an understanding of diversity, language and cultural sensitivity and skills in the healthcare and learning environment as appropriate
- Develop and utilise appropriate modes of behaviour that demonstrate an understanding of the requirement to respect and maintain the dignity of individuals at all times.
|Portfolio R o A||0.00|
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Teaching and learning are considered to be a facilitated interactive process in which students and teachers are seen as collaborators in the learning process. The facilitation of learning will involve an appropriate use of a variety of teaching methods with an emphasis on student participation and an acceptance of individual student needs. Learning methods will range from lectures, discussion groups, experiential/skills practice learning activities, reflective exercises, discussions, problem based learning activities, debates, and e-learning.
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Ymwybyddiaeth o ddiogelwch - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch amgylchedd a hyder o ran cadw at reoliadau iechyd a diogelwch
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
- Mentora - Gallu cefnogi, helpu, arwain, ysbrydoli ac/neu hyfforddi eraill
- Gofalu - Dangos consyrn am eraill; gofalu am blant, pobl ag anableddau ac/neu'r henoed
- Rheloaeth - Gallu defnyddio, cydlynu a rheoli adnoddau (dynol, ffisegol ac/neu ariannol)
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
- Arweinyddiaeth - Gallu arwain a rheoli, datblygu cynlluniau gweithredu ac amcanion, cynnig arweiniad a chyfarwyddyd i eraill, ac ymdopi â'r pwysau sy'n gysylltiedig ag awdurdod o'r fath