Person Centre Adult Nursing 1 (B)
Rhedir gan School of Medical and Health Sciences
40.000 Credyd neu 20.000 Credyd ECTS
Semester 1 a 2
Trefnydd: Dr Elizabeth Mason
Within this module you will develop and build upon the skills required by the adult nurse for effective interaction with and care of individuals throughout the lifespan. The skills and knowledge that you acquire will prepare you to provide nursing care and support in partnership with individuals and their family. The study of the biopsychosocial influences upon health and wellbeing will develop your understanding of the complex nature of health and health interventions within today’s society.
• Development of healthcare policy and influences on delivery of nursing care - Context of health and social care in Wales, UK & Europe e.g. 1000 Lives+ transforming care • Language awareness and cultural sensitivity; • Perceptions of nursing (public, political, professional & media); • Political awareness • Communicating with adults across the lifespan – addressing delivery of nursing care in an ageing population; • Safeguarding (vulnerable) adults and children; • Role of the adult nurse; nursing in primary and secondary care; ‘hospital (acute/rehab) & community’. • Theories and models of nursing care delivery suitable for all care contexts; • Assessing the nursing needs of adults in practice; planning/implementing and evaluating nursing care; NEWS • Skills for adult nursing Catheterisation Wound care Aseptic non touch technique (ANTT) Life support for adult nursing Airway management Monitoring of dietary & fluid intake and the completion of relevant documentation Pharmacological knowledge for medicine management and numeracy. • Role of the adult nurse in all healthcare environments. • Care delivery – Acute medical & surgical, inc. pre & post- op care, shock, IVIs, infection control, pain management, wound care (acute & hard to heal/chronic - EWMA), blood transfusion; • Adult physiology; • Applying psychological & sociological theories to nursing practice & care delivery. • Chronic conditions frameworks – diabetes, CHD, stroke; • Models of health and wellbeing; health protection/promotion. • Patient narratives
To achieve Grade A the assessment must: • Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge, detailed understanding and application of appropriate models and frameworks’ and the process of delivering care • Demonstrate extensive background study in relation to the module learning outcomes that are being assessed • Be well structured and highly focussed on the relevant issues identified for your individual patient • Contain logically presented and defended arguments to include original interpretation. • Be free of factual/computational errors. • Demonstrate an ability to identify, develop and present new links between theory and practice. • Include new approaches to analysing and/or explaining a problem. • Be presented to very high standards with very accurate written and verbal communication. • To be supported by a wide range of relevant and contemporaneous literature to rationalise your interventions
C- i C+
To achieve Grade C the assessment must: • Demonstrate some knowledge and understanding detailed understanding and application of appropriate models and frameworks’ and the process of delivering care. • Have some, if only limited, evidence of background study in relation to the module outcomes that are being assessed. • Be focussed on the question on the relevant issues identified for your individual patient with only some irrelevant material. • Present relevant and logical arguments in a structured manner • Not contain a large number of factual/computational errors. • Describe and discuss major links between topics. • Attempt to analyse and/or explain problems related to the patient issues identified • Be free of major weaknesses in both written and verbal presentation. • To be supported by a range of relevant and contemporaneous literature to aid your interventions
To achieve Grade D the assessment must: • Demonstrate knowledge of some understanding and application of and the process appropriate models and frameworks’ s of delivering care. • Have some, if only limited, evidence of background study in relation to the module outcomes that are being assessed • Attempt to present an answer on the relevant issues identified for your individual patient with only some irrelevant material land weaknesses in structure • Attempt to present relevant and coherent arguments. • Not contain a large number of factual/computational errors. • Describe some links between topics. • Provide some analysis and/or explanation of problems. • Demonstrate an attempt to avoid major weaknesses in both written and verbal presentation • To be supported by some relevant and contemporaneous literature to aid your interventions
To achieve Grade B the assessment must: • Demonstrate strong knowledge and understanding detailed understanding and application of appropriate models and frameworks’ and the process of delivering care. • Demonstrate evidence of background study in relation to the module outcomes that are being assessed. • Be well structured and focussed on the relevant issues identified for your individual patient • Contain coherently presented arguments and some elements of original interpretation • Be mostly free of factual/computational errors. • Demonstrate an ability to identify, develop and discuss new links between theory and practice • Analyse and/or explain problems using existing methods/approaches • Be presented to high standards with accurate written and verbal communication. • To be supported by a good range of relevant and contemporaneous literature to justify your interventions
1 Discuss nursing in different contexts, taking into account culture, diversity, groups and individual differences across the lifespan.
2 Discuss and apply appropriate models and or frameworks of health and wellbeing in the context of nursing practice
3 Apply appropriate theories of communication within the practice setting to build therapeutic relationships
4 Discuss and demonstrate the application of the knowledge and skills required for safe, compassionate & effective nursing practice.
5 Demonstrate the numerical skills and ability to perform drug calculations for safe administration of medicines.
|Poster or power point Presentation||100.00|
|Portfolio R o A||0.00|
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Ymwybyddiaeth o ddiogelwch - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch amgylchedd a hyder o ran cadw at reoliadau iechyd a diogelwch
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
- Mentora - Gallu cefnogi, helpu, arwain, ysbrydoli ac/neu hyfforddi eraill
- Gofalu - Dangos consyrn am eraill; gofalu am blant, pobl ag anableddau ac/neu'r henoed
- Rheloaeth - Gallu defnyddio, cydlynu a rheoli adnoddau (dynol, ffisegol ac/neu ariannol)
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
- Arweinyddiaeth - Gallu arwain a rheoli, datblygu cynlluniau gweithredu ac amcanion, cynnig arweiniad a chyfarwyddyd i eraill, ac ymdopi â'r pwysau sy'n gysylltiedig ag awdurdod o'r fath