Health care I
Rhedir gan School of Medical and Health Sciences
40.000 Credyd neu 20.000 Credyd ECTS
Semester 1 a 2
Trefnydd: Mrs Dianne Rimmer
This purpose of this bilingual module is to introduce the common elements of knowledge and skills required for all healthcare practitioners including the principles of Transforming Care. The module commences preparation for practice with the intention of providing the foundations of knowledge and skills which will equip students to meet the expectations of the public, clients and the relevant professional bodies with regards to professional relationships, recognition of rights and obligations and the delivery of evidence based care.
Identification of relevant theoretical and research evidence to support care/practice development and personal development
Anti-discriminatory and ethical practice
Health and Safety awareness
Awareness of the legal and professional parameters of practice
Mandatory training in preparation for practice placement, including Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation, De-escalation
Skills, Child Protection, Protection of Vulnerable Adults Moving and Handling
Good understanding of the facts and principles specific to the topics covered in this module, with an ability to apply what is learnt in healthcare practice. This equates to a minimum mark of Grade C- in the Grading Criteria.
Excellent understanding of the facts and principles specific to the topics covered in this module, ,with an ability to apply what is learnt in healthcare practice. This equates to a minimum mark of Grade A- in the Grading Criteria.
• Select one of the critical incidents you have included within the reflective portfolio and use this to complete a reflective narrative. The critical incident should involve the issues of communication, consent, dignity and respect. The narrative should demonstrate the rationale for the use of reflection to support learning and use a model to construct the reflective account. The reflective account should demonstrate that you are able to integrate evidence into practice. Learning outcomes 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9.
• The narrative must refer to a critical incident you have experienced during your clinical placement/s. 3000 words (100%)
- Demonstrate an understanding of the legal, ethical and professional obligations which are fundamental to the provision of healthcare and professional accountability.
- Demonstrate an understanding of National clinical governance policies and strategies which support patient safety and quality care provision.
- Develop the predisposition and the study skills required to take responsibility for learning, prioritizing workload, and engaging in lifelong learning.
- Demonstrate a level of skill in IT appropriate to their profession to permit the identification and retrieval of relevant information to support the development of learning.
- Demonstrate competent clinical skills relevant to the clinical practice areas.
- Demonstrate their understanding of and ability to utilise appropriate and effective modes of communication in the healthcare and learning environment and describe how theories of communication support effective communication.
- Demonstrate an understanding of diversity, language and cultural sensitivity and skills in the healthcare and learning environment as appropriate
- Develop and utilise appropriate modes of behaviour that demonstrate an understanding of the requirement to respect and maintain the dignity of individuals at all times.
- Demonstrate understanding and use of theories and models of reflection and an awareness of the value of reflection to learning and service improvement.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the research process and how evidence attained from research underpins healthcare practice
|ASESIAD YMARFEROL CLINIGOL||Record of Achievement||0.00|
A critical reflection exploring the issues of communication, consent, dignity and respect.
The narrative must refer to a critical incident you have experienced during your clinical placement/s.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Teaching and learning are considered to be a facilitated interactive process in which students and teachers are seen as collaborators in the learning process. The facilitation of learning will involve an appropriate use of a variety of teaching methods with an emphasis on student participation and an acceptance of individual student needs. Learning methods will range from lectures, discussion groups, experiential/skills practice learning activities, reflective exercises, discussions, problem based learning activities, debates, and e-learning.
Directed study work books and elearning
Discussion boards facilitated by lecturers,to include reflective exercises, discussions, problem based learning activities, debates
Experiential/skills practice learning activities to include all mandatory e learning; Basic Life Support, Manual handling, violence and aggression, core skills framework
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Ymwybyddiaeth o ddiogelwch - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch amgylchedd a hyder o ran cadw at reoliadau iechyd a diogelwch
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
- Mentora - Gallu cefnogi, helpu, arwain, ysbrydoli ac/neu hyfforddi eraill
- Gofalu - Dangos consyrn am eraill; gofalu am blant, pobl ag anableddau ac/neu'r henoed
- Rheloaeth - Gallu defnyddio, cydlynu a rheoli adnoddau (dynol, ffisegol ac/neu ariannol)
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
- Arweinyddiaeth - Gallu arwain a rheoli, datblygu cynlluniau gweithredu ac amcanion, cynnig arweiniad a chyfarwyddyd i eraill, ac ymdopi â'r pwysau sy'n gysylltiedig ag awdurdod o'r fath
Goblygiadau o ran adnoddau ar gyfer myfyrwyr
Purchase of text books, pens and paper Photocopying and printing Subscription to internet provider to access BU on-line catalogues and Blackboard from home residence Student nurse uniform and shoes for formative assessment