Developing Effective Practice
Rhedir gan School of Educational Sciences
20.000 Credyd neu 10.000 Credyd ECTS
Semester 1 a 2
Trefnydd: Mr Clive Underwood
The module aims to develop an appreciation, through a range of guest professionals of the working practices of contemporary agencies who work with children, young people and their families. It will l also examine the professional relationships between families and agencies in a range of contexts.
It also provides practical experiences, of issues involved in working with children, young people and their families, as students will undertake a placement which aims to offer first -hand experience of a work or voluntary setting and develop an awareness of the demands of that setting. It will provide opportunities to interact and develop transferable skills in communication and professional behaviour in a formal or informal environment. It also gives students an opportunity to reflect on your own career path.
The module will include: • an analysis of issues related to developing professional partnerships, based on social-work framework of analyzing knowledge, values and skills, and a study of the roles and responsibilities of key people providing services to children, young people and families. During the first semester: • a range of multi-agency professionals will address the students about the development of successful partnerships with children and young people and their families. During semester two: • students will find themselves a placement and undertake a period of work in an appropriate setting. This could take the form of a day a week, half a day a week or a series of activities of varied duration. Evidence of attendance will be required.
A satisfactory knowledge and understanding of effective working practices and partnerships in context of organizations that provide for children, young people and families, and the ability to reflect and evaluate their own contribution during a relevant work placement. Show an ability to identify the roles and responsibilities of key practitioners and understand the issues involved in providing quality services for children and young people.
A good knowledge and understanding of effective working practices and partnerships in context of organizations that provide for children, young people and families, and the ability to critically reflect and evaluate their own contribution during a relevant work placement. Show a good ability to identify the roles and responsibilities of key practitioners and understand a range of issues involved in providing quality services for children and young people.
A comprehensive knowledge and exceptional understanding of effective working practices and partnerships in context of organizations that provide for children, young people and families, and the ability to critically reflect and evaluate in depth their own contribution during a relevant work placement. Show an excellent ability to identify and evaluate the roles and responsibilities of key practitioners and discuss a wide variety of issues involved in providing quality services for children and young people.
analyze critically the knowledge, values and skills essential to developing working practices and partnerships with parents and carers, colleagues and children and young people
identify, in depth, the roles and responsibilities of a range of key people, providing services for children, families and systems for developing partnerships with others
demonstrate a deeper critical appreciation of issues involved in providing quality services for children and young people through placement experience
demonstrate a critical understanding of their own role within the organization and critically reflect on the relevance of the experience in terms of developing a career focus
Understand the concept of employability and how to develop their own employability
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
|Practical classes and workshops||
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Ymwybyddiaeth o ddiogelwch - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch amgylchedd a hyder o ran cadw at reoliadau iechyd a diogelwch
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
- Mentora - Gallu cefnogi, helpu, arwain, ysbrydoli ac/neu hyfforddi eraill
- Gofalu - Dangos consyrn am eraill; gofalu am blant, pobl ag anableddau ac/neu'r henoed
- Rheloaeth - Gallu defnyddio, cydlynu a rheoli adnoddau (dynol, ffisegol ac/neu ariannol)
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- constructively critique theories practice and research in the area of child development
- demonstrate knowledge and awareness of the skills needed for different pedagogical approaches including: - the necessary depth and strength of relationships with individual children and children in groups and the facilitation of the building of relationships with and between children - the formation and promotion of mutually respectful relationships with families colleagues other professionals and communities
- plan for and where appropriate implement play and the curriculum assessment evaluation and improvement of creative learning opportunities taking account of young children's health and emotional well-being
- lead support and work collaboratively with others and demonstrate an understanding of working effectively in teams with parents carers and other professionals 11
- demonstrate an understanding of how to plan for and where appropriate implement meeting and promoting children's health well-being protection and safety and the conditions that enable them to flourish
- produce critical arguments for improvements to multi-agency and multiprofessional practices for babies and young children
- use skills of observation and analysis in relation to aspects of the lives of babies and young children
Rhestrau Darllen Bangor (Talis)http://readinglists.bangor.ac.uk/modules/xae-2034.html
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- X313: BA Childhood and Youth Studies year 2 (BA/CYS)