Research Methods Education S
Research Methods Education S 2023-24
School Of Educational Sciences
Module - PGT
- An Introduction to Educational Research;
- The Research Question;
- An Overview of Quantitative Research Methods;
- Ethics and Educational Research;
- An Overview of Qualitative Research Methods;
- Evaluating research articles;
- Designing Questionnaires;
- Presenting Questionnaire data;
- Conducting Interviews;
- Analysing Qualitative Data;
- Assignment Guidance
- Single Case Experimental Designs;
- Case Studies;
- Action Research;
- Writing your Research Proposal;
- Internet Research;
- Academic Writing;
- Assess, justify and critique different approaches to educational research, including methods and data analysis.
- Critically evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of qualitative or quantitative approaches and mixed methods in educational research.
- Critically understand and justify the use of different research methods and practices relevant to students’ own areas of interest. (Students may then use this as a basis for their dissertation proposal.)
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of practitioner research issues, for example in carrying out action research projects, and the researcher's own position in the process.
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of research methods literature and its practical applications.