School Of Educational Sciences
Module - PGT
This module aims to support students to: 1. Plan and conduct a small-scale piece of research/enquiry that is relevant to their educational practice. 2. Engage critically and ethically with research design and data collection processes. 3. Critically appraise contemporary research methodologies and enquiry approaches within the social sciences 4. Undertake a piece of empirical investigation independently. 5. Present their research in different forms and to different audiences. 6. Refine their research skills so that they can independent research and lead others through an enquiry/research process.
Threshold PASS C- to C+ range 50-59% Some contribution to the knowledge base and satisfactory evidence of background reading, knowledge and analysis
Merit B- to B+ range 60-69% Elements contribute to the knowledge base and evidence of background reading, moderate knowledge and sustained critical analysis
Distinction A- to A* range 70-100% Highly focussed contribution to the subject knowledge base, wide background reading and high quality analysis
- Articulate an appropriate research/enquiry methodology within the design of their study.
- Disseminate their research in a way that is relevant and accessible for different audiences.
- Identify an issue or question that is suitable for a small-scale piece of research/enquiry and formulate a suitable research question/or research questions.
- Plan, execute and present a small-scale piece of research/enquiry.
- Reflect critically upon their experience of conducting a research/enquiry project.
- Undertake a critical review of the literature of relevance to the selected focus of research/enquiry.
- Undertake appropriate planning of research so that it aligns with BERA (2018) ethical guidance