Dissertation - Applied Research
Rhedir gan School of Educational Sciences
60.000 Credydau neu 30.000 Credyd ECTS
Semester 1 a 2
Trefnydd: Mr Peredur Williams
For students to individually execute a design research project, resulting in a formal written dissertation, on a topic jointly agreed between a supervisor and student. Dissertation will meet the learning outcomes.
Initial discussion with the student will establish a suitable topic or problem for research.
During a series of one to one supervision tutorials students will consider a range of issues relating to their research including: Consideration of key research questions. Literature review and literature analysis related to the research questions. Research methods including ethical considerations. Results and analysis. Relevance and impact of their findings.
70% or above. Demonstrates excellence in power of analysis, argument and originality with use of a wide range of research and testing. Also demonstrates excellent organisation and stylistic quality.
50-59% An ability to choose a suitable design related subject and to carry out planning, appropriate research and testing, together with some analysis and discussion of the evidence and its implications. Consideration given to planning leading to a satisfactory structure.
60-69% Shows good insight, offers sustained and relevant analysis and arguments, well researched, tested and referenced and written with a clear structure and style.
Demonstrate mastery of creative and innovative thought processes.
Select and apply appropriate research methods in the chosen area of design, and discuss the ethical dimensions of their research.
Develop the ability to sustain an argument and to communicate persuasively and coherently. Develop critical responses to existing theoretical discourses, methodologies or practices and suggest new concepts or approaches.
Identify a suitable topic/problem for research.
Demonstrate a deep and systematic understanding within a specialised field of study and its interrelationship with other relevant disciplines.
Demonstrate the ability to undertake critical analysis of complex, incomplete or contradictory evidence, independently.
|Dissertation - Applied Research||90.00|
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
Annemiek van Boeijen; Jaap Daalhuizen; J. Zijlstra; Roos van der Schoor, T., 2013. Delft Design Guide. 2nd ed. Amsterdam: BIS Publishers.Kelly, D., Kelly, T., (2013). Creative onfidence:Unleashing the creative potential within us all. London: William Collins Milton, A., 2013. Research methods for product design. 1st ed. London: Laurence King Pub. Portigal, S., 2013. Interviewing users: how to uncover compelling insights. 2nd ed. New York: Rosenfeld Media.
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- X3AZ: MSc Applied Innovation Design year 1 (MSC/AID)