Rhedir gan School of Languages, Literatures, Linguistics and Media
40 Credyd neu 20 Credyd ECTS
Semester 1 a 2
Trefnydd: Dr Helga Mullneritsch
- To consolidate and expand on students' knowledge of German grammar and vocabulary.
- To develop translation skills into and out of the target language, and skills in manipulation of written German.
- To develop oral and aural skills.
- To familiarise students with lexis relevant to their forthcoming residence abroad, and other sociocultural contexts.
Students on this module will be working towards achieving B2 on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). with Post-Beginner students working towards achieving B1 on the Common European Framework. Post-Beginner students receive on extra contact hour per week in semester 1.
This module deepens students' command of the written language through translation, text and essay work. Emphasis will be placed on a secure grasp of structures and sensitivity to register. Oral proficiency will be fostered through discussions of contemporary issues in the German-speaking world with students' presentations on various topics. In order to prepare students for their year abroad, key topics will be covered including aspects of business German, the press and media, university life in Germany and Austria, and general 'Landeskunde'. Students will also be required to read and review two short novels in order to expand their vocabulary and improve their grasp of grammatical structures.
50-69%: A good knowledge of vocabulary and grammar and a good ability to translate and manipulate a variety of textual material. Good oral and aural competence.
70+%: An excellent knowledge of vocabulary and grammar and an excellent ability to translate and otherwise manipulate texts, with a firm understanding of register. Excellent oral and aural competence.
40-49%: A limited knowledge of vocabulary and grammar and a limited ability to translate and paraphrase the prescribed range of texts. Basic oral and aural competence.
Demonstrate an increased proficiency in translation, essay-writing, text and aural comprehension and oral skills.
Demonstrate greater grammatical accuracy, more advanced vocabulary and an appreciation of register and nuance.
Display greater confidence in the presentation of oral reports (Referat) and general discussion.
|Klausur (trans German to English)||10|
|Applied Grammar Homework||10|
|Klausur (trans English to German)||10|
|Listening Comprehension Test||10|
|Short Free-Writing Assignment (essay OR review)||10|
|Written Exam (2 hours)||25|
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
1 hour x grammar per week for 11 weeks per semester 1 hour x writing skills per week for 11 weeks per semester 1 hour x conversation skills per week for 11 weeks per semester
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Develop aural comprehension skills in the target language, supported by a wide range of appropriate materials in different media. (Benchmark statement 5.3, 5.4)
- The ability to use the target language creatively and precisely in more substantial written assignments in the target language. (Benchmark statement 5.14)
- The ability to translate more substantial passages into and out of the target language. (Benchmark statement 5.3, 5.4)
- Engaging with, interpreting and critically evaluating short and longer contemporary texts (short stories, films, novels) in the target language (Benchmark statement 5. 8, and 5.9)
- Enhanced oral communication and presentation skills (including delivery and argument development, discussion and defence) in the target language through individual and/or group discussions. (Benchmark statement 5.3, 5.4)
- The ability to use the target language creatively and precisely in oral assignments, showing ease with a wider range of topics and registers in formal and informal situations. (Benchmark statement 5.3, 5.4)
- Further develop aural comprehension skills in the target language, supported by a wide range of appropriate materials in different media. (Benchmark statement 5.3, 5.4)
- The ability to read, understand and summarise more complex written texts in the target language. (Benchmark statement 5.3, 5.4)
Rhestrau Darllen Bangor (Talis)http://readinglists.bangor.ac.uk/modules/lzg-2040.html
Rhagofynion a Chydofynion
Rhagofynnol ar gyfer:
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- N1R2: BA Business Studies with German year 2 (BA/BSGER)
- NR1F: BA Business Studies and German year 2 (BA/BUSSG)
- T111: BA Chinese and French with German year 2 (BA/CHFG)
- T105: BA Chinese and German year 2 (BA/CHG)
- T114: BA Chinese and German with French year 2 (BA/CHGF)
- T115: BA Chinese & German with Italian year 2 (BA/CHGI)
- T126: Chinese & German with Intl Exp year 2 (BA/CHGIE)
- T116: BA Chinese & German with Spanish year 2 (BA/CHGS)
- T118: BA Chinese & Italian with German year 2 (BA/CHIG)
- T121: BA Chinese & Spanish with German year 2 (BA/CHSG)
- WR92: BA German and Creative Studies year 2 (BA/CSTG)
- QR3F: BA English Language and German year 2 (BA/ELG)
- R901: BA French & German with Italian year 2 (BA/FGI4)
- R913: BA French & German with Spanish year 2 (BA/FGS4)
- R918: BA French & Italian with German year 2 (BA/FIG4)
- R1R2: BA French with German year 2 (BA/FRWGER)
- R914: BA French & Spanish with German year 2 (BA/FSG4)
- PR32: BA Film Studies and German year 2 (BA/FSGER)
- RR12: BA German/French year 2 (BA/G4F)
- NR42: BA German/Accounting year 2 (BA/GA)
- NR32: BA German/Banking year 2 (BA/GB)
- R2NC: BA German with Business Studies year 2 (BA/GBS)
- T109: BA German with Chinese year 2 (BA/GCH)
- MR92: BA Criminology&CrimJustice/German year 2 (BA/GCR)
- LR12: BA German/Economics year 2 (BA/GEC)
- 3N7S: BA German and English Literature year 2 (BA/GEL)
- R200: BA German year 2 (BA/GER)
- R2W8: BA German with Creative Writing year 2 (BA/GERCW)
- R2N1: BA German with Marketing year 2 (BA/GERMKT)
- R2R1: BA German with French year 2 (BA/GERWFR)
- R12R: BA German and French with International Experience year 2 (BA/GFIE)
- R2W6: BA German with Film Studies year 2 (BA/GFS)
- RR23: BA German/Italian year 2 (BA/GI)
- R2R3: BA German with Italian year 2 (BA/GI4)
- R921: BA German & Italian with French year 2 (BA/GIF4)
- R924: BA German & Italian with Spanish year 2 (BA/GIS4)
- R2P5: BA German with Journalism year 2 (BA/GJO)
- R2P4: BA German with Media Studies year 2 (BA/GMST)
- R2C8: BA German with Psychology year 2 (BA/GPSY)
- RR24: BA German/Spanish (4 years) year 2 (BA/GS)
- R2R4: BA German with Spanish year 2 (BA/GS4)
- R922: BA German & Spanish with French year 2 (BA/GSF4)
- R923: BA German & Spanish with Italian year 2 (BA/GSI4)
- 8Y64: BA German and Spanish (with International Experience) year 2 (BA/GSIE)
- RV21: BA History/German year 2 (BA/HG)
- R927: BA Italian & Spanish with German year 2 (BA/ISG4)
- QR12: BA Linguistics/German year 2 (BA/LG)
- N5R2: BA Marketing with German year 2 (BA/MKTGER)
- NR52: BA Marketing and German (4 year) year 2 (BA/MKTGER4)
- P3R2: BA Media Studies with German year 2 (BA/MSG)
- WR32: BA Music/German year 2 (BA/MUGE)
- VVR2: BA Philosophy and Religion and German year 2 (BA/PRG)
- R4R2: BA Spanish with German year 2 (BA/SPG)
- CR62: BA Sports Science/German year 2 (BA/SPSG)
- QR52: BA Cymraeg/German year 2 (BA/WG)
- M117: LLB Law with German (European Experience) year 2 (LLB/LGE)